Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I have a story to tell....

Once upon a time, I had a very pretty cup...    After my separation from my ex husband, I wanted to buy something for myself, and when you haven't bought yourself anything in a long time, it's hard to talk yourself into buying something .... just.... for.... you ... especially when you live on a limited budget and everything is about the kids?

So what do I want?

I picked up this.... and that..... and put them both back.  I looked at clothes, and at that point, I didn't - but that would soon come (especially cuz I lost 50+ lbs during my divorce) 

Then I saw this cup....

C.R.E.A.T.E.

It said in pretty colorful letters ....

Under it read:

"Create joy, create happiness, and create the life you imagine"

Being a writer, a photography buff ... and a newly single mom ...  I thought, it's PERFECT ....

My Create cup is usually front and center on my desk, with lots of fun pens in it....  cuz, I love me some pens....

It represents me, who I am, what I want .... it represents the start of what was, my new life.  A life that lead me to the man I love dearly and a great blended family ....

So......... two months ago, about ..... when I found it in pieces thanks to either a baby :::cough:::Kaedyn:::cough:::  or a cat who likes the window behind my grandma's desk.....  I cried.  I really did...  I mean, it is silly ... I understand.... but it was sentimental and special....

And.It.Broke.

Bollucks!!
 Bulderdash!!
   CRAP!

Yep....... and no super glue.  Took 2 months to finally remember super glue!  And as I glued the pieces together, as best I could, to mend my creativeness, my life, my symbolic little friend....  I realized, other then photographs...  I haven't been able to be creative at all.  I haven't blogged, I haven't tweeted, I haven't WRITTEN ... and that's a big one, 2 months ago I bumped into this brick wall that I swear was a quadruply think brick after brick after brick after brick wall.... and I could get past it, I just couldn't....

And when I held up the freshly glued together piece of my life....   I took a deep breath, and wished all the blockage away .......

It was like I was gluing back the pieces of my muse...

I have been dealing with nothing but sickness in this house for the last couple of weeks....  me, the babies.... and me...  (Both of the babies were running over 103 this past weekend, it was a L.O.N.G. weekend... ) ... but a couple days ago, I opened up my most recent chapter.... and wala ... I figured it out.... I wrote a little bit, and then smiled...... and tonight, it was time to dance.... blog!!

I am back..........

........................................................................................................ I hope......


2 comments:

  1. Just in time. I have bookmarked folders of blogs I check daily and then one big folder of blogs I don't hardly ever check (maybe once every few months) because nobody writes in them. I was JUST going to move you into that folder last night... but I had a migraine so I went to bed instead. hah

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! i'm glad you're cup is fixed and so are you!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!