Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Makin Chili Fries...

I recently visited VivoBello's blog and joined up in a give-away for these two great cookbooks!!
It was to launch Author's Erin Chase's new website :)
The 5 Dollar Dinner Mom
Then I got the news that I WON!!
I've only gotten the Breakfast & Lunch one, for some reason, so far ... but I love it :D   There are several recipes that I want to try - and ...  for me, that's saying something - considering I'm allergic to so much.

So we decided to try out the "Oven Chili Fries" first... 
 Pre-heated the oven and got the pan ready ...
 Got my ingredients ...
 Washed up 6 potatoes ...  (recipe only called for 4, and I only ended up using 4)
 Cut them all up ....
 Put them in the bowl with the mixture on the bottom so I could toss them and get the potatoes covered..
 After they were all covered with the "chili" mixture...
 Threw them in the oven...
 After they were done..........
 And they were SOOOOOOO GOOD!!!  I was afraid they might be to spice with the chili powder, but they were great!!  I highly suggest just eating them with Ranch though because Ketchup didn't taste so good!! LOL!!

So if you want to try them out yourself, here is the recipe.... and GO BUY THE COOKBOOKS!!! :D
I'm such a tease... LOL...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!