Friday, August 28, 2009

"YOU DON'T LOVE ME!"

.
He said that to me today in his Drama King way...

"Noah you have to go in your room and play or watch cartoons so the babies can sleep"

He looks at me and yells "You DON'T LOVE me" ...

I'm thinking... are you serious, THIS AGAIN? Gah!

"Noah I love you more then chocolate," I said.

"NO YOU DON'T" he said with is loud exasperated whine (as if he's crying but he's not)

"Why because I asked you to go play in your room and not be loud so the babies can sleep?"

"YES!" he shouts. Mind you he's right outside the nursery door where Kaedyn is suppose to be SLEEPING...

"I love you to the moon, Noah." I said simply. I sat down in one of the kitchen chairs.

"No you don't," he sobbed. Still faking. He inched himself closer until I could grab him and pull him closer.

"I do," I told him. "I love you to the moon and beyond. You answered a call that my heart put out," I told him. "When I got pregnant with you and the lady came in and said I was going to have you, I burst into tears I was so happy. When that mean DR told me that you wouldn't live, I didn't believe him. I knew I would hold you in my arms. But when you were born you were so tiny, I've never seen a baby so tiny." I hand him 2 soda cans and a banana. "That is about how much you weighted when you were a baby," he looks up at me. "Kaedyn weighted a lot more then that didn't he?" He nods. See, for those who are not familiar with our story, Noah was 1lb 12oz when he was born. "They took you out of the room and I didn't get to see you or hear you cry and it broke Mommy's heart and I cried a lot. I was scared." I told him. His eyes got wide. "Then when I finally got to see you I tried not to cry because I didn't want my eyes blurred when I took in every detail of you." He was SO tiny. I was afraid to touch him thinking I might hurt him, that the touch of my finger might make him bleed because his skin looked so thin. He didn't have an ounce of fat on him, and when I say that he had no butt, he had NO BUTT. "I loved you so much, that when the DRs said you wouldn't live, you did." I told him. "I love you so much that when you were trying to sleep, I didn't let your brother be naughty and wake you up. I love you so much, that when you threw out your Drama King Attitude, that I hugged you instead of grounded you, or put you in a time out." He laughed. He put a hand on both sides of my face and he said "I love you too Mom," then ran into his room. "But you don't looooooooooove me" he did it again but this time he laughed.

Seriously?!?! I use to say that his drama king attitude was because he lived in a box for the first 7 weeks of his life and he was just making up for it, but man....... I think he's made up for it times fifty! (on a side note: Photos above. The top one was taken the day after he was born on 2-2-02. The second one was taken 2-4-02 .. he was on the vent for 40 hours and then was breathing completely on his own - when he hadn't hit his lowest weight yet. The 3rd one with his foot was taken when he was a 1 week old)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!