Friday, March 5, 2010

Baptism & It's Not Often..... Busy Week part 2

It's not very often that I get the moody teen out and about with us.  He'd rather stay home and play on his computer or x-box ...  but I've managed to get him out of the house twice this week.  YAY for me!  So we went to the mall on Monday, not only to get me a new phone since the babies I lost mine, but in search of a baptismal outfit for Kaedyn.   Usually the kids get baptized before they are 6 months old.

Calahan
Noah (outfit handmade by Nana cuz we couldn't find a preemie one)
Nathan

And here Kaedyn is ..... 18 months old, and still not baptized.   Um.... oops!!   And since his Godparents live here, and me and the other three boys were all baptized in the same church, I want it done here.  So we are going to have his baptism in a couple weeks. 

So, he's a year and a half, and bigger then most traditional baptism outfits out on the racks... so.... I was on the hunt, for several days, trying to find him some outfit ...  and I was getting very discouraged.  Every suit or "nice" outfit I found was some pastel color for Easter...  there were a couple that I thought, okay, I might be able to live with that.... but I would just take a quick picture to take home to see what Dennis thought.  We did manage to find him an outfit, and this one I didn't even bother to try to consult Dennis, I just got it, figured... buy it now, consult later, have receipt, can return... plus, there was only one of a couple pieces left in his size.  After searching Walmart, Target, Sears, Old Navy, various other places, I ended up walking into the Children's Place and finally found something that wasn't an orange or green shirted suit ... that I liked, and could live with, and it was even WHITE........ yay!!!
Black pants, white button down, nice sweater, tie & socks!!   Now we just have to find him a nice pair of shoes that fit his Hobbit Feet....  (seriously - he has hobbit feet) ... 

So ....... like I was saying, I finally managed to get the moody teen out of the house! YAY!  He was very reluctant because we were all getting over that stomach bug and he was the last one to "get it" only he didn't truly "get it" ... he just wasn't feeling well.   But I told him if he cleaned out the car, I'd give him $10.  HA! 

So we went off to the mall to find a baptism outfit and deal with the phone situation, and he helped me corral the kids ..  in the play area.   He got a new watch and a sweatshirt too.  So it was all good.   He had fun.   I managed to get him out with me last night too.   Here are some pictures from the day at the Mall that day...

 Cal talking about the train sets ...
They have this huge display area with a large train set set up...   One size it's like a small town USA in summer and the other side is a quaint village in winter.


The babies were in their stroller...  (Nathan wanted a drink and wouldn't give it back)

We stopped and played with some wooden trains... 

And on our way home, Nathan fell asleep with his glasses upside down... LOL.... 
 
 


7 comments:

  1. Miss H loves to visit the train table at our local bookstore. It looks like you all had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!! Cute outifts & kiddos. It's so inspirating to see moms like you who have little ones at home with special needs and yet still make the best of it. Thumbs up to you. =D

    New follower from Friday Follow. =D

    Mayra
    http://mylifeinhigheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture of him falling asleep with the sunglasses coming off is the cutest. And good job with the outfit - he'll look very handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you found an outfit, he'll look handsome for sure.

    You can't go wrong with boys and trains! Hope you'll have many more day trips with the family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOw...I have missed out on a lot...somehow I didn't realise you had another one! :D Sorry! Glad to see everyone is doing well (or at least pretty well) and maybe we can get together at the mall sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My youngest daughter got baptised out of the norm too. She was 9 months old. We had so much tragedy in the family, it was so difficult to get the time. :) Your outfit is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I give you major points for getting your teen out of his room. Having 3 teen girls, I know how HARD that is. Money is always the perfect bribe, and it looks like he had a good time. I really enjoyed your photos, your boys are so cute and sweet. Everyone looked like they were having so much fun.
    The outfit looks perfect! Don't feel bad about passing the 6 month mark! It is not like you have not been busy. My niece was 2 years old, before her mom did it, and it was beautiful.
    XXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!