Saturday, March 20, 2010

Vampires, Werewolves... OH MY!!

So last night at the STROKE of MIDNIGHT ....  the machine gun closely guarded 2nd movie to the TWILIGHT SERIES was released.   NEW MOON hit the floors with protection from Walmart Staff and was put behind certain areas where the movies were contained, and those who could check it out with protection were chosen.  Those picked to handle the task should be honored...  after all .. they were one of the FIRST PEOPLE to put their hands on NEW MOON on DVD

Vampires, Wolves and the teenagers Twilighters who love them all came out in DROVES last night, waiting in lines for HOURS and HOURS..... I heard some people say that fans started showing up at 7pm to be first in line...

Dennis and I made a mad dash trip out to walmart last night around midnight, were were down to ONE size 4 Diaper last night when Dennis got home from work, so off to Wally-World we went... in the DROVES of crazy SERIOUS fans ...   we pulled up in the parking lot and it was PACKED ...  seriously???  (sorry about the quality of the pics, totally taking incognito on my cell phone)

It's the new Harry Potter, I swear!   Now I'd go out to Walmart for a midnight releasing for Harry Potter, but not this... however, we needed to get something and while we were there...... we might as well.......

Anyway ...  we walked back into the baby area and saw the LINES...... omgosh we thought they were bad then, at about 12:30 ...  apparently they were wrapped around the store before that.   As they were, there were about 50 to 75 people in each line still, and there were THREE of them...

While Dennis got what we needed, I pop'd in line for the movie.   About 20 people got in line after me ..  the Lines had signs ... for fans...  well, I'm not on the EDWARD or JACOB team but since my husband loves wolves, we picked...
After we scored the covenanted movie....  Dennis partaked in some of the New Moony treats..
I however, resisted ......
We got the one with the extra DVD on Forks, WA ...  My mom and Step-Dad went there on "Bella's Birthday" and I want to take my cousin Danielle cuz she loooooooves the series :)

Should I mention that as I was standing in line, I lost my balance and landed sideways on my ankle...  ooooooh yeah it HURTSSSSSSSSSSSSS ...  Apparently I can't walk OR stand in those shoes ...  

3 comments:

  1. Following You from MBC.
    When you get a chance please follow me back?

    Cheers!

    Half Brazilian-Half Irish

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is absolutely crazy. I didn;t even have a clue it was out yet. You guys tolerated the crowd better than i would have. if I would have dragged my butt to Walmart at midnight and saw that crowd I would have gone somewhere else!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!