Tuesday, December 13, 2011

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY .......


It feels as if we've known each other forever ....... that we've always had each other in our lives......... and yet, it feels like such a short time.

It's our 5th Anniversary ......  wow :)

FIVE WHOLE YEARS ........

It all started with a chance wink on a free dating website.  My thinking - this guy is in North Carolina and I'm in Wisconsin .... we could be friends.  He says he knew as soon as he saw this picture, that I was the one.

I don't know how he knew that ...  but he knew.

I had been talking to some other guys ... some who seriously proposed ... or talked about marriage, and all that did was make me back off.  But when Dennis did it - it felt different. It didn't make me want to run the other way screaming .... cuz I got a weird feeling.  But I was totally drawn in.

He had moved up to Wisconsin, we were engaged ... I stared planning a fall wedding.  October 13, 2007...  I knew I wanted ....

I loved the autumn colors...  roses, and I wanted Calla Lilies ..... Flame ones.... A bouquet that looked like this with the fall leaves and those flowers (plus the Calla Lilies)

 I wanted pumpkins and a BEAUTIFUL dress ... I saw this one ... and loved it....
 And I ended up trying it on ...  with my Mom...


Cal and Noah were now involved, we were blending into a great little family ........ this happened....

Yep...... so the wedding we were planning for October 2007 ended up being bumped up to December 2006.  Mainly, because we realized by November that things were NOT going the way they should for a healthy pregnancy, we were likely headed to the NICU... we were going to get married anyway - we just weren't going to get the wedding we both wanted :(

So we ended up having a little wedding .... got married at the court house...   so I got a cute maternity wedding dress .... (here I am trying it on)
And then came the big day ...


 My flowers ...... hydrangeas ... with some crystals... (they were suppose to be larger crystals)
 The guys buds....
 Quick family photo before I put my dress on.
 Dress is on!
 Bad luck to see the bride before the wedding .... oh well, we had to drive in the same car.
My 18 week belly ... with a Mr. Nathan inside....
The only photo during the wedding that turned out even remotely well....  :/

We had a little reception that weekend ... made home-made lasanga and had all sorts of goodies :)

 Our Cake ...
Family pic :)
 Dennis was married twice before me, this was his ONLY Wedding cake....
 I'm telling him that if he even THINKS about squishing that in my face, I was going to .... well.... I won't repeat what I said.
 Awwwwwwwwww :)


And 5 years later ...we've got a family of seven (counting the missing Princess of course) ... and all we did was hang out in bed, because that's about all we could do.  We had some pie, some fake champagne ...  and we watched tv and cuddled.  With him housebound, can't really go anywhere.  Had to take some pictures though...

 And then.......... someone came in and was cramping our style!!   (One of my BFF's said "See, a few years ago that's how things started too which resulted in that little hobbit that was trying to cramp your style! ;)"  LOLOL ... I told her to shush, it was immaculate ....  that one, however, was a surprise shortly after our first anniversary .. ha ha ha ha..
Who is this child and who does he belong to??? It's obviously NOT us.  LOL

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BABY ...... I love you :) 

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see Dennis is home. Any diagnosis yet? Happy Anniversary. I have been reading you since you were on OD I remember you talking about Dennis before you even met him Hard to believe it's been 5 years!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!