Friday, December 2, 2011

Update on Dennis.......


So he was up and around for Thanksgiving, then the worst happened.  He woke up Sunday (November  27th) morning ...  I still felt like crap spread on a red hot shingle ...  but being worried about him, I kept asking him if he wanted to go in.  I guess he called the nurse line while I was passed out sleeping from my happy NyQuil cough medicine... when I got up he told me that they want him back into the ER right away, and they even offered to send an ambulance on non-emergency basis to help get him to the hospital.  He said no.

I kept asking him if he wanted to go in - and when the babies were settled down and going to bed, he told me he did.  I ended up asking a neighbor to help  ... he ended up basically carrying Dennis on his back ...

Dennis went from falling because his legs were numb and not being able to walk .... to barely being able to move his legs AT ALL... having to concentrate HARD to move his toes ... and cringing every time he did move his legs because it hurt so bad.

Needless to say - at this point, I'm freaking out worried!

So ...  I got him in, got him into the ER again ... they got him back there....  they were talking about sending him home ... SERIOUSLY???  ....  but then one of Group Health Docs came in who was on call and said that he was going to admit him for observation ...

I was *hoping* his legs would get better again while he was at the hospital.  

It's not so though ...

I'm truly scared.  And they STILL have absolutely NO CLUE what is going on with him.   The babies and I went to visit him...
 Nathan was okay - but Kaedyn's very shy and withdrawn there ....  the hospital seems to scare him. Took a lot for him to even be able to give Daddy hugs.

The DR who came in Monday night to see him says that his feeling on it all is that Dennis is presenting like it's MS.  Even though he had the MRI scans to check for the lesions ... they didn't do the protein markers to check for MS when they did the spinal tap.  So he is facing another lumbar puncture, but really it's up to the neurologist ...

He got transferred to a rehabilitation center (nursing home) from the hospital on Tuesday night.   Kaedyn and I went to take him some stuff he needed.   Kaedyn, still scared, just wanted to cuddle...
 Daddy in his hospital bed....

I cried ........   I was fine as long as he was 2 minutes from home at the hospital...  but watching him drive away in that van, yep... I cried.  I don't know when he's coming home.  It's hard to see him unable to walk right now....

We went to visit him today (er... yesterday, seeing as it's after midnight and now the 2nd of December) ...  the place wasn't bad....  he is about 5 minutes from where my mom works, about a half hour from home.  (Still, better then Seattle)
 (above) the place..... (below) across the street from the parking lot.
Daddy got love from the boys!  Nathan and Daddy ....
 Kaedyn giving Daddy a big squeeze ....
 Daddy & Kaedyn
Daddy even has a little bit of a view....

Overall he's doing okay.... he just can't walk.  He improves a tiny bit every day and I guess, for now, they are planning on "re-evaluating" the situation on Tuesday - and if they are comfortable that he can get himself from point A to point B in the apartment, they'll send him home.  He's got PT every day ... and I guess today (er.. yesterday) he took a couple of steps - but I also heard he fell.  He's trying though ...  he really misses being home.  We miss him like crazy :(

Anyway - that's the update so far.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!