Since one of my readers asked about Dennis.... and I haven't updated ... I wanted to update :) (Especially since I can't seem to leave her a note!) ....
Dennis has been home for about 9 days.... He's had visits from two (different) nurses, and PT. Social Work still hasn't come. There is still absolutely no diagnosis - and he sees both our regular DR this week and Neuro. Hopefully, we'll have some course of action after the appointments.
I am hoping that it they are going to do another spinal tap (as much as I DON'T want Dennis to have to go through that again) ... and do the protein panel to check for MS that way.
Otherwise - things are just unknown. They are thinking it might be linked to his depression ... last time this happened (in 2007) they thought it might be linked to his migraines.
I think they are grasping at straws....
Currently - he has talk walk around the apartment with his walker. He can't even take a few steps on his own really. If I'm not hope, and Cal isn't home... he has to be in bed. They don't want him anywhere else due to the fact that they don't want him falling and can't call anyone. It's not easy. Right now... he is either in our room on the bed, at the computer, or in the bathroom :(
It's not easy, at all :(
I had to go into the college at the beginning of this past week (on the 12th) and had to talk to one of our advisors. She has MS and recently went through something very similar to what Dennis is going through. I was telling her what happened, and she immediately said it sounds like MS. With her legs - it was blood clots. Once they tackled those, she was better. She had been in the hospital for heart issues, and they accidently discovered the blood clots. She was with in weeks of getting her legs amputated :( It's scary. I told her that this happened in 2007 too (not as bad) ... and she said it definitely sounded like MS to her - but she's not a doctor - she was sure to point that out. There are cases of MS where lesions never show up.
It's frustrating ...


No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!