Monday, December 14, 2009

Recipe: CAKE MIX COOKIES


So I know that I am always looking for a great recipe that is easy to make (I mean, with 4 kids, I rarely have time to think to myself! LOL) ...  Sure my husband is a Foodie by who needs fancy food everyday?  We love rustic family food.  Well, at least I do.

So I wasn't always married to this Foodie that cooks for me all the time, and I once - could cook - or at least I thought I could.

However I've decided to share a few of my time tested recipes that I still make and will continue to when I give the Foodie a break. 

One of the earliest "hit" recipes of mine that I came across is called CAKE MIX COOKIES.   Cake mix you say?  Yes ... cake mix!

I especially love those dump recipes!

First you get a box of cake mix (you can do any flavor!  Once you start playing with this recipe, you can come up with all sorts of combination!) 

First you preheat your oven to 325 ...

You mix in 2 eggs and a half a cup of oil and you get something like looks like this....

I used French Vanilla Cake Mix... btw ..

Then you find some fun stuff to dump in... we are using ....

One of my favorite combination...  

After dumping them in...

You mix it up

 So this combination is French Vanilla w/ Chocolate and Toffee Chips...

This one is Strawberry Cake Mix w/ Cherry Chips  ... these are affectionately called "Pink Cookies" in our house... um...  no clue why!

 So after you have them all mixed up .... you drop them on cookie sheets.  (We use tin foil to keep scrubbing pans down to a minimum.)



You leave them in there for 8 to 10 minutes.  You want to watch them because once the edges start truing brownish, you want to take them out.  If they get really brown, they are burning.  They come out of the oven looking a little puffy

With in a few moments of being out of the oven (left on the cookie sheet) they will fall - flattening out

And different combos cook differently.  The Pink Cookies end up being thinner and spreading out more, where as the white ones bake up so nice.



 And they get huge seals of approval!


And THAT ... is Cake Mix Cookies!!



 Cake Mix Cookies

1 Box of Cake Mix, any flavor
1/2 c. vegetable oil (or 1/4 c. oil and 1/4 c. applesauce)
2 eggs (can use 1 egg)
* chocoalte chips or whatever you want to add

Mix well and drop by teaspoon on ungreased cookie sheet approximately 2 inches apart.  Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.  Let sit a couple of minutes before removing from pan. 


4 comments:

  1. All I have to say is "YUM"!!! :)

    Hi there..visiting from MBC! What a great blog you have!

    I am a special needs advocate, also. My 5yo son has Autism. He is the light of my life :) We just walked in the Autism Speaks Walk..what a great experience.

    I am a new follower of your blog..I'd love for you to come follow me. My blog is a little of everything..coupons, free samples, sharing recipes, giveaways..you name it! I want to start another blog about life with my son..just haven't gotten there yet...it is hard sometimes putting all of the feelings into words...but I'm hoping it will be theraputic for me.

    ~Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention...your children are absolutely adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am soooo doing this tomorrow! Oh Yeah! My kinda cooking! Now I might have something to impress my MIL with when she comes to visit Friday! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That easy, huh? My kind of recipe!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!