So... I had a conversation with Calahan today ... it went like this.....
Me: "So Calahan, what are you getting Dennis and I for our anniversary" (remember, Dennis is Cal's step-dad and doesn't call him Dad on a regular basis but every now and then he does)
Cal: "Huh? I thought you were suppose to get each other something?"
Me: "Well we are but you are too, I mean, you could offer up free babysitting for example!"
Cal: (looking shocked and confused) "WHAT?"
Me: "Bay-Bee-Sit-ting" I said it slowly because obviously he hadn't quite understood me.
Cal: "I'll do it for a buck and that is my final offer"
Me: "Or how about getting up early and letting us sleep in? Make us breakfast in bed."
Cal: "I don't think so, I don't know how to make breakfast unless you want cereal." Obviously we need to work on cooking more!
Me: "How about a big banner that says HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM & DAD"
Cal: "I'd need good paper for that."
At this point I'm almost laughing out loud but I'm totally trying to act serious so that would be silly. So I dropped it then, and he quickly ran away.
So... I am NOT sure that my tree - or the precious ornaments on it that hold tons of memories... is going to survive this year.
See - Nathan is so fascinated by the tree and the lights that you can catch him just starring at it - not doing harm per-say - just watching...
Even Kaedyn loves looking at the lights and checking out the ornaments....
Well today...... Nathan TRIED to climb the tree..... seriously? SERIOUSLY? Come on... not this... luckily the tree and Nathan have survived.... the two of them just spell....
T-R-O-U-B-L-E .........
Kaedyn says ... "Be-careful - the FISH get it next!"









Popping in from MBC!
ReplyDeleteNow following you!
I hope your tree makes it through the holidays. Lol! I'm having the same issue.
you can find me at
http://www.jaelcustomdesigns.com
These pictures are so adorable! That is so funny about your tree. Thank god my little one isn't there yet...by next year she will be, though!
ReplyDeletePopping by from MBC and am now following!
Stopping by from MBC. We just put our tree up today...we've decided on only lights and a bow! I'm still worried about him pulling it on top of him though...I wonder how my parents did it haha!
ReplyDeleteAwesome pics!!
ReplyDeleteStopping by from the Friends Following Friends Club. I love your blog!
awwww! so cute! our tree now only has ornaments from the top till about halfway down. The ones from the middle down to the bottom have been ripped off and crushed by a certain two-year-old. gah. oh well! makes for a memorable christmas! LOL thanks for the follow, i'm following too!!
ReplyDeleteDid you delete your OD account? Thankfully I had this link saved, just couldn't find it for a bit! :-)
ReplyDeleteWere putting up our tree tomorrow. Hope it lasts!
ReplyDeleteSuch beautiful pictures, just adorable. I remember the days of trying to keep the tree safe from very interested toddlers. It takes a lot of energy for sure, but the looks on their faces is priceless.
ReplyDeleteHope your arm feels better.
XXXXX
Cheryl
Love the little ones checking out the ornaments! Such a magical time for them. :)
ReplyDelete