Boooooooooooooooy oh boy do I have a BONE to pick with you!!! Yeah - sure ... it's Martin Luther King Day... I realize it's a holiday ....... but is that ANY reason to divert from regularly scheduled programing??? I have an autistic child....... he has his routine.... that routine involves YOUR CHANNEL........ messing with that routine causes major melt downs ALL DAY LONG ..... Usually they watch DORA
and then BUBBLE GUPPIES which is their FAVORITE SHOW EVER ... it even beat out Blues Clues - which is AMAZING ...
There is always DIEGO ... and it's always a MAJOR bonus if the Dinosaurs ones are playing!
and TEAM UMIZOOMI
And BACKYARDIGANS
Imagine my surprise, and Nathan's HORROR when I flipped on their TV to watch their cartoons .... and found this guy.........
My kids don't LIKE Sponge Bob ...
Worse yet....... IT WAS A SPONGE BOB MARATHON ............... what about MLK Day screams SPONGE BOB!?!?!?!
So .......... if you were SMART ... you would put on episodes of Dora and all that where they discussed not treating people different due to differences.
DUH Nickelodeon!! Way to drop that ball!!!
Sooooooooooo THANKS A LOT Nickelodeon for the tears, the crying, the screaming, the melt downs & the needing to do Kangaroo Time (positive body pressure) several times today ...... Now, don't get me wrong, I love cuddling my little man, but it's not fun when he's having a hard time because he doesn't know what to do because things aren't "right" ... and he's confused.
Gah!







I used to hate that, too! I started DVRing my kids shows, and saved the favorite episodes. Whenever there was a change in programming (it happens all the time in the summer!), I would just put the recorded ones on. Just out of curiosity, how does he handle Saturdays when the shows aren't on?
ReplyDelete