Monday, January 2, 2012

Epic Fall .... I mean Fail ...

Dennis cracks me up.  We amuse each other - it's what we do.  Instead of dragging each other down in life, we tend to lift each other up and keep each other laughing.

In case you are late to the party - my husband lost the ability to walk without assistance prior to Thanksgiving.

Last night ..... he and I are laying in bed watching TV.  All of a sudden out of no where, he jumps over me to leave the room and all I know is when I looked up, he was on the floor.

I couldn't help it...... I started laughing so hard I almost cried.

He of course is looking at me like I just sat on his favorite dog....

I said "Did you suddenly forget you couldn't walk?"

He says ........ "Wishful thinking?"

So I continue to laugh like a crazy lady, I simply can't stop.... all I can see is him leaping over me and ...thump...  looking at him sitting against the dresser.

"With a wife like you, who needs enemies?" 

He gets up with his walker, goes down the hall....  tells Calahan I'm being mean to him, that I'm laughing at him because he fell down...  Calahan comes in here and starts to lecture me about how I'm mean and shouldn't laugh at him when he falls - then I tell him to read my FB status ...  so he leans over and reads this:

"With a wife like you, who needs enemies!" Big D says. I'm sorry - but he just - literally - jumped off the bed like he forgot he couldn't walk ... and fell to the floor (he didn't get hurt) ... I cracked up laughing. I'm sorry ... wait, who am I kidding. I'm not sorry ... it was funny. Asked him if he forgot he couldn't walk - he said "wishful thinking?"

And then he starts cracking up laughing...... yep....  after he lectures me about laughing.   Dennis calls down the hall "KISS MY GRITS!" 

Heehee.... he...ha... snort!

Can't.................... stop................... laughing...............


Blog 2 of 366 ..... Pictures were taken today too, just sharing in a later blog :)

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry too... But I would have laughed... You know, I think it kind of helps relieve the tension if you can have a sense of humor about things like that!!

    On a serious note; I am truly sorry about Dennis' condition, I wish you guys all the best for the New Year! I hope for a complete recovery! God will see you through:)

    ReplyDelete

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!