Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Happy 4th Anniversary

So Dennis and I celebrated our 4th Anniversary a week ago........ December 13th ...

A few days before that, I had this discussion with Dennis while he was driving and I was yappin at him from the passenger seat ... and the babies were in the back...

Me:  Do you know what Monday is?
Him:  Er........... Mo-n-day?  (he said Monday really slowly, as if it would give him time to think)
Me: Okay
Him: (knowing there is something more to the story) ....  Oh CRAP!
Me: What?
Him: I think my Dad's birthday is the 13th ...
Me: Oh yeah?
Him:  Yeah, so what is Monday?
Me: Apparently your Dad's birthday....
Him: and............... our........... anniversary ..... (you hear this barely audible) S&*T!!
Me:  Uh-huh ... you know you are in trouble right?
Him: Yep.....

LOLOLOLOL.........

So for our big 4th Anniversary ....... we managed to get out.  Ami kept an eye on Cal and Noah and my Mom and Ash watched the hellions babies...

We left early and dropped them off ....  it was ... of course RAINING ...
 Kaedyn was excited to go see his Ashy ...
 Nathan fell asleep ....... with his perpetual chocolate milk face...
 Me ......... ew...........
Sadly I didn't get a picture of my handsome hubby OR one of us together........ after we left my mom's ... it became a classic comedy of errors....
We drove to Poulsbo - where we were going to see the movie .... and decided when we got there, we'd decide where to eat.  We ended up picking this place....  Campana's ...  a little Italian restaurant... why there?  It was right by the theater...
(See it back there in the background?)  So we got out of the car.... and it was pretty outside ...
It was weird... the second we walked in there we thought ........ this feels like one of those places that needs to be featured on Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares......... and looking back on it........

Why
didn't
we
turn
around?

Seriously - thought about it......

But we sat down....... it was a cute place, but very .......................... confused....
The decor didn't.... mesh... there was school stuff up over the bar..... why?  I'm talking cursve alphabet stuff and a globe and ... yeah... didn't feel like Italy, that's for sure... it was just........... confused.  I liked the twinkle lights, but.... I'm a girl...  OH OH OH and let's not forget the torn booth seats fixed with duct tape!!  Seriously...... do they think we can't see the duct tape because they tried to color match it????  

So they hand us a menu ..... that was a lot like a book...... I handed it to Dennis and told him to order me something he thought I would like........ but the breadsticks were good!!
In addition to what he ordered for me I ordered a Salad... and a virgin raspberry margarita ....
Um............. whipped cream........ REALLY????

The waitress came around and asked me if it was good......... my head screamed NO WTF IS THIS??? but I said "Yes" ...

I lied........ I was really really really really really disturbed by the whipped cream....

Dennis got Minestrone soup .. and I got my salad...
Dennis said that the soup was muddy and it had to have been sitting all day cuz the flavors were all running together ... he wasn't impressed, at all.   My salad was good though!!  I had french dressing on it and their Gorgonzola Ranch Dressing... it was heavy on the garlic but I liked it!  (Yes, I am weird, I mix french and ranch dressings on my salad)

Then our main dishes came......... I had... Pasta Primavera ...
 I was really disturbed by the cauliflower in it....... the zucchini YUM... but.... cauliflower?   Dennis wasn't impressed with that either ...  he said Primavera means first of spring and it should be spring veggies ... and there were winter veggies in there, well sure it's winter - but if it's not spring veggies, is it REALLY Primavera?   Seriously - my husband is Italian... maybe we should avoid Italian places beside Olive Garden cuz... yeah...  did I mention I picked out all the cauliflower?   I did....

Dennis got .... Pasta Bolognese ..... he says .......... it was okay .......
apparently he's not as mean as I am......

Anyway - the service was good :)  I can't complain there.  Our waitress was pretty nice....

So after I finished about half of my over priced plate of crap .......  dinner..... we were ready to get out of there and never go back.... I hear the pizza is good...  we should have had the pizza .....

So then we had some time to kill cuz apparently our movie that we THOUGHT started at 6:20 started at 6:50 ...  so we went to Walmart ...  it was soooooooooooooo nice being in a Super Walmart again.... I love Super Walmart............

After wasting some time walking around walmart and remembering how much I love it... we went back to the theater.......

We went to go see.........
Unstoppable Burlesque...... or is it......... Burlesque Faster?

Hummmmmm well... regardless... we went to ...
We got soda and popcorn and a Cinnabun Pretzel ........ the soda was the usual, the popcorn was COLD and the Cinnabun Pretzel was okay ... at one point, I took a bite and the inside part was still cold from being frozen... er..... yuck....... so yeah......... but the movie..........



Was AMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZZING!!!!  I was thinking "ha ha - it's like taking Dennis to a strip club he can't touch" ... not that he likes strip clubs ....... but the movie was great, the dancing was inspiring and the singing ... seriously - it's Cher and Christina ... what do YOU think it was?  The plot was great.  I really enjoyed it, and I plan to buy it! :D  Course I like nutty  movies like this.  OH OH OH ... and I have to say - on a ha ha note.... I was yelling at the screen at one point.  She put all her money in the toilet at her "new apartment" to "hide" it ... and I yelled "DIDN'T YOU LEARN ANYTHING FROM COYOTE UGLY!!"  ...  yeah I was THAT person that night!  After a bad dinner, cold popcorn and a frozen pretzel ... do you blame me???   Heeheesnort......

6 comments:

  1. LOLOL sounds like a great night Nisser!!! :) Too funny though. I definitely think you should nominate that place for Kitchen Nightmares!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Sounds like an interesting night :) I will definitely have to check out that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, not a cauliflower-in-pasta fan, either.

    Happy anniversary to you both! And happy holidays, too!

    ICLW #9

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog!! Happy Anniversary, ICLW and holidays! LOL! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy anniversary!


    ~Happy ICLW~
    #14 http://themissruby.blogspot.com/

    ~May your Christmas be filled with Peace~
    ~And your New Year with Hope~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary!!

    ummm..that good does not sound too appetizing but I am glad you had a good night together!!

    Happy ILCW
    #50

    ReplyDelete

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!