Saturday, January 21, 2012

The BEST Banana Bread Ever!

Around the same time I got the recipe for CAKE MIX COOKIES .... I found this super easy "dump" recipe for banana bread.  I was all about easy baking.  I don't have the effortless knack for it that a lot of people seem to.  It's called a "dump" recipe, because you can basically dump it all together and then mix it up ....  I honestly don't use any other recipe, and I panic when I think I've lost it. 

I usually triple the batch when I make banana bread.  And I usually add more bananas then what the recipe calls for.  For example, I usually put in 3 bananas when the recipe calls for 2 ... (for a single batch) ...  so I usually use 9 bananas for a triple batch .... or anything between 6 and 9 ...
So ....... first.... I dump all the ingredients together ...  I usually start with the wet stuff: bananas, butter, eggs, vanilla, milk....   I should add that I usually pop the butter (I use stick butter) in the microwave for a few seconds to soften it up. 
Bananas in the bowl, the boys unwrapping the butter and putting it in a bowl to soften it up in the microwave
Funny story... tonight when I was unwrapping the vanilla out of the box and stuff...  Noah sees it and I donno his thought process .. but he yells "Mom, what is that?" and I don't answer him right away.  Noah isn't one for patients at anything.... so he immediately breaks into this panic.  "Is that POISON!?!" 
I can see the resemblance, can't you?  LOL!   So I'm amused by this.  Being the horrible mother that I am, I went "Yep" just to feed into his little panic.  He screams "DENNIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Mom's trying to poison us!" and he says "Yeah, it makes it taste good."   Poor Noah.  And then, when he asked me again.  He says "What's it called?"  Apparently he wanted to know what I was going to poison him with.  So I told him.  "Vanilla."  He suddenly calms down.  "Oh, okay."  Everything was fine then. 
So after putting in the wet ingredients ...  I dump in the dry ones... sugar, flour, baking powder, and the baking soda.  Then I put the mixer in there ...  and get those bad boys mixing.   And then after a little time........ the house smells AMAZING and you can sit back and enjoy these!
 Banana Bread Muffins & Loaf

Let me know if you try it out and if you like it :)

BANANA BREAD
1/2 cup Butter
2 Eggs
1 Tbsp Vanilla
1/2 cup Milk
1 cup Sugar
2 cups Flour
2 Bananas (or 3)
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Tbsp Baking Soda

350 Degrees ...  start checking the Loaf after 35 minutes, check muffins at 15.  Cooking times vary depending on the altitude ...  When we lived in Wisconsin it was about ten minutes longer then it is here in Washington. 

2 comments:

  1. Excellent, I have been looking for a Banana Bread recipe, Can I use some bananas that I froze just before they went completely to mush?

    brought over from ICLW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent, I have been looking for a Banana Bread recipe, Can I use some bananas that I froze just before they went completely to mush?

    brought over from ICLW

    ReplyDelete

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!