Saturday, January 7, 2012

College Woes ...


Reading something that doesn't interest me is sooooooooooooooo hard.   I am taking two classes where there is a lot of reading going on.  My Creative Writing class and my Human Relations class.  My Creative Writing class is in the classroom and the Human Relations one is online.

I was working on my posting for the online class today - got it all done.  I'm thinking.......

WHEW!  I'm sooooooooo on top of things!  I can get my reading done for my Creative Writing class tomorrow and .... wala!  Homework done!

EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ....  WRONG!

We had run out of ink in my printer and I finally got a chance to print off the syllabus until today.  I got all my binders from last quarter emptied into a bigger binder and tabbed for classes, and I got all my current classes organized in the binders.  Oh and I fixed both my broken binders with duct tape!  That's right........ duct it or buck it! (interchange the b with an f if you are so inclined.)  ....

So I'm responding to stuff (or going to - and I now realize I forgot to do my replies - CRAP) ...  and I get a reply from one girl who I replied to asking me if I knew how to email the instructor for the drop box assignment ....  I'm thinking.......

What drop box assignment???? 

Then I find out ..... yep - gotta read 2 chapters and write a 5 page assignment .........   It's a little after 7pm and it's due at 11:45 ..... I'm suppose to read 50 pages and write at least 5 pages of a set up I've never done before....... ::: slams head ::: 

I love it when this stuff happens.  What a wonderful start for this class.  I did email the instructor....

From: ANNISSA R
Subject: I apologize
To: Prof J.Y.

I didn't get a chance to print off the syllabus until today (had run out of ink).  Home situation isn't ideal right now, my husband recently lost the ability to walk and I'm taking care of our four kids and him because he can't do much, stressing about everything.  But I'm determined to continue with my classes and be successful. 

I just realized we had the written assignment (I thought it was just the forum postings).  I just wanted to let you know that I am aware of the mistake and I hope I'll be able to resolve it.  I apologize for not being on top of things, especially since I actually thought I was. 

Thanks for you time

Annissa

Soooooooooooooooo ... wish me luck trying to bring myself out of this hole I dug myself into the first week of school... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!