Due to my insane fears of miscarriage I would nag for an early ultrasound ... once I saw the heartbeat, it was like a 50 lb weight was lifted. However, after 13 miscarriages, it wasn't hard to get my way. It basically involved "I'm 7 weeks, can I come in for my ultrasound?" "Sure, why not ... I'll get it set up" ... yeah, not hard at all. My first look at Kaedyn wasn't this line with a beating heart like it was with Nathan, oh, no... Kaedyn was a big blob. LOL... Guess it goes to show that maybe everything is pre-determined considering Nathan is still a long stick and Kaedyn is a big blob.
This was written on January 24, 2008 (right before my first ultrasound which didn't show anything, she said "I think I see some cardiac activity, but wasn't sure.)
Pregnancy ..... I don't even feel pregnant right now.. and even though that worries me... I know I'll know MORE tomorrow. I mean I FEEL pregnant... the hunger is outrageous... the bathroom visits I could do without .. the bloating, please I look 6 months pregnant right now! ... the exhaustion is mind numbing... and the nausea/morning sickness... is almost non-existent... I know I should be thankful... but I'm a little worried about it... course I'm pregnant, I worry about EVERYTHING...
Written Feb. 7th about the above ultrasound
Well... we had the ultrasound yesterday ... all is well... the baby was wiggling around in it's alien blob form and the little heart beat was beating away at 150 beats per minute. I cannot even BEGIN to explain the utter relief I felt when I saw that, and the tears escaped too... a couple anyway. They tried to do the belly ultrasound and I hadn't drank enough - didn't have a full bladder - so I got up and had to get undressed, and before I did she said "well the sac is bigger, so that's good!" I told her I just wanted to see the heartbeat.... after 13 miscarriages, I just needed to see the heartbeat in order to relax at all. So I get back in there and they start the internal ultrasound and after about 2 minutes, she turned the screen so I could see the little blob dancing around and I saw it, in the middle of the lil blob I saw the flickering that I have come to recognize as the heartbeat and a 50lb weight was lifted... Baby is measuring 7 wks 2 days (yesterday) and I was 7 wks 4 days (yesterday) so it's not too far off at all.
I had my amnio at 16 weeks, at 17 weeks Dennis got fixed, and at 18 weeks ... the day before Nathan's first birthday ... we found out the results. 100% Healthy baby Boy!! Course this was very heartbreaking for me in a way because it was the death of my dream of ever having a daughter, HOWEVER, I was extremely happy he was healthy and it didn't matter what he was. When I announced to everyone that the baby was indeed a boy, I said "IT's a GIRL!!!!!!!!!" ... they'd all get excited. Then I would add "With a PENIS!" and the confusion and looks I would get was absolutely worth it..... then the light bulb would go off and they'd be like "aww.. really?" LOL...
By July I was already having some nice contractions and one day (mid-July) I had been sitting in my chair and I stood up, there was a HUGE puddle under me, I thought "OMG my water broke" ... I went to the bathroom and peed ... I checked my underware and such with was wet and did NOT smell like pee .. it didn't smell like anything... so off to the hospital we went. They said that if my water had leaked, it had stopped but they figured most likely I just peed myself... (seriously? I'm in my 30's! I'd know!) ... then I find out I have Gestational Diabetes.
July 27, 2009 ...
Anyway .. I had my DR appt on Friday. Along with a NST. The whole family went, for the first and last time this pregnancy. I got taken back, weight ... I lost weight.. lol... pee'd in the cup... all great there, trace of protein and no glucose. My blood pressure was actually the best it has been the whole pregnancy ... I think it was 130 something over 80 something. I got hooked up to the monitor for the NST and Maria looks at me like I have some clue on where his heartbeat is. LOL... I told her he was head down, I knew that without an ultrasound. So she put the thingy down on the gel on my belly and found his heartbeat ... it's nice to be right once in awhile. His heart rate was good, would go 130's to 150's ... during the two good contractions I had during the NST his heart rate dropped to the 120's ... he doesn't move much now, cuz he's running out of room. Dr. B came in while I was all hooked up - right after I had the first of the 2 major contractions... (the second one didn't pick up as well as the first one) ... and he chatted with me for a few minutes.. he said my belly measured big (didn't say how big but it was 2 weeks over at my 30 week appt) .... and said that I was going to get my way and get an ultrasound with in the week... he wanted to check Kaedyn's size, fluid level, and do a Bio-Physical-Profile on him. He says he assumes the fluid level isn't to much since I'm complaining about his lack of movements. At this point, I get a poke here and there to let me know he's alive, otherwise I get a series of bumps... or the skimming of body parts against my belly, or him lifting up his butt.... but I don't get a lot of kicks anymore. Infact, he has only the two extremes. He is either barely moving, or trying to jump his way out of me. Seriously ... it is the craziest thing but this child tries to have alien moments where he's hoping my belly will just rip open and he can escape. Ha ha .... well, in due time Kaedyn, in due time that exact thing will happen... my belly will be ripped open and you'll come out .. and then you'll scream of shock and horror at the bright lights and cold air and strange people touching you and poking at you, and then you'll hear me and Daddy and think... do I know you?
Heehee... oh dear gawd I just had a contraction the size of a freaking earth quake. Dennis innocently asked "contraction" as I'm screaming OWWWWWWWWWWWWIE over and over... ::: raising eyebrow ::: DUR! Anyway ... I said "yes it feels like a freaking charlie horse in my stomach" and then after it was done I said "that hurt" he goes "I bet" ... ::smack!:: ... Then Kaedyn started thrashing around, and I said "apparently he didn't like it anymore then I did" ...
It's hard to believe that we only have about 5 more weeks left ... at the most ... it's scaring the crap out of me actually.
Last Day of July I had another ultrasound... and I crack up laughing NOW because this measurements based on size, ended up showing his EDD was the day he was born.. LOL... here is what I wrote...
I came very very close to ending up in labor and delivery yesterday. Luckily since my cervix is closed and not dilating and very long yet, and very high (as in they have to go up to their elbow - it feels like - just to find it!) they let me come home. However, I'm having contractions about every 2 minutes during the NST ... I've been having contractions about every 10 minutes - 15 minutes at home... that I've noticed. However they are concerned. Everything looks great though. My blood pressure is fine... surprisingly better then last time... I lost more weight... His heart rate was great.. His estimated weight based on the ultrasound so far is 5lbs 4oz... and he's measuring a week and a half/2 weeks or so big... lol.. I saw him opening and closing his hand - which was adorable... I can't wait to see him (but I can wait, kwim? LOL) .... I'm not ready to have him yet. I just can't get over at 33 weeks (and I was 32 and 6 days based on my due date) he's suppose to be slightly over 4lbs and here he is measuring at 5lbs 4oz already give or take 13 oz (more live give!) ... he's HUGE though. He's butt down and I'm in love :)
(then here is the detailed entry I had done)
Update on DR appt and Ultrasound Pics for those who couldn't see and/or didn't look at the last entry! I was just too lazy to take my last name off the pics so - now that's done. I'll post them public and the update! WHooooooohooooooooo :D
BABY UPDATE

The end of August came around, and I was utterly MISERABLE.........
MISERY LOVES COMPANY...
.......... and I am miserable!!
.... as if the end of pregnancy isn't enough, I am completely and utterly miserable. This is a great way to spend the last week of pregnancy.... with a freaking head/chest cold from hell!
No kidding...
It set in about 2am Sunday morning... I woke up with a massive headache, my nose stuffed, sneezing, a half hour before that I woke up in sweats so I turned on the fan ... I had to get up at 2 and move to my chair cuz I didn't want to lay flat with my nose stuffed the way it was... I was in and out of sleep ... and by the time I woke up I was worse. I struggled all day... took tylonal cold/sinus which didn't help... took benedryl at 7am which only made my morning utterly unbearable cuz I was so tired...
... and by 3 pm, the left side of my face was swollen ... just the left side... very visibly ... swollen...
So I called the DR ... being completely unable to touch the headache, or the sinus pressure... I didn't know if the sinus pressure was result from the headache swelling me up, or the headache was in result of the sinus pressure...
... and with my "flirting" with Pre-eclampsia... we figured it best be safe... Dennis was extremely worried and I'm just in tears by this point...
Well - everything is fine... my blood pressure was good, there was no protein in the urine sample... Kaedyn looked great... and they can't do anything for me ... they assume it's a "virus" and it's going to take 5 to 7 days to get rid of....
Of course my c-section is in 8 days.........
I'm really worried this isn't going to go away before then... I feel like my body has thrown up it's hands and said "We're barely handling being pregnant right now... please come infect us - you'll win, we promise!!"

I tried to go to bed last night... at 9:30 or so ... woke up at 12:30 and got up to go to the chair again...
1: it's right by the air conditioner and I feel hot even though I'm not running a temp...
2: I'm not flat, so all the mucus isn't sitting there gathering...
I'm trying to be happy and myself, but I can't, I am so freakin miserable. I want Kaedyn out so I can get better... I want him up so he's not touched by this... I want him here safe, so I concentrate on fighting this... but that's not going to happen...
... oh yeah - and my voice is gone.... joy!
Anyway - I can barely see - everything is blurry ... it's hard to read or do anything...
My C-section was set for September 2nd, as long as the amnio came back showing that his lungs were mature. My mom had flown in on August 31st and was due to go back Sept. 15th...
Mind you Noah had completely done his own guess in the "guessing game" and he guessed September 2nd, he picked a BOY and stuck to it (before we knew he was a boy) ... and he guessed 8lbs 2oz and 20 inches... I found this so funny because he had picked all this out at the beginning of the pregnancy. It looked like he was going to be just about right!!
September 2nd 2008...
Well we left the house, got to the hospital, checked in, taken upstairs, in an gown... strapped up to the monitor... Kaedyn was being a little stinker and wouldn't let them get a tracing ... it took until 8:30 (we'd been there since 7am) ... I had 3 contractions with in 15 minutes and he had no heart decelerations - so DR B called that good... then the amnio was started almost right away... fluid was good, clear - good thing... results would take about an hour and a half ... it was done about 10 to Nine AM... and about 20 after 10 ... DR B came in and said his lungs weren't mature yet.
Dennis said he just knew it wasn't going to happen, we were playing Cribbage and having a good time waiting ... and he was WINNING for once... we didn't even get to finish the game...
Dr B says the lungs maturing is not a gradual thing - it's a quick thing... so it can be immature one day and mature a couple days later.....
So ... I have an appointment with him on Friday and we'll decide what to do from there. If we try again next week, I'll have to have another amnio ...
If I go into labor myself (contractions and/or water breaking) they won't stop it... they will just get the c-section going...
No steroid shots... there is no medical need for them really - he is far enough along that they should mature any day now...
Reason we are checking now, because I'm "flirting" with pre-eclampsia, but mainly because of the two previous c-sections - they don't want me to go into labor on my own with the high risk of my uterus rupturing because of it...
My contractions thus far have not been regular and changing my cervix, those are the contractions they are concerned about.......
So we're in a wait and see type of thing now - until my appointment on Friday....
I have to add that Dennis and I were playing cribbage and he was kicking my butt for the FIRST TIME... and not a couple minutes before DR. B came in... I said "You stole all my mo-jo now his lungs aren't going to be mature..." LOL...
And I have to say, I am a
I have been having contractions most the day since the amnio - so if by chance, they continue on a regular basis... I have several about 5 minutes apart ... then they stop for awhile... then they start up again...
Calahan was very disappointed when he got home from school, Noah not so much, he just kinda said "oh... I'm hungry!" LOLOLOL...
September 6, 2008
I am utterly exhausted right now......
........... literally trying to keep my eyes open.............
where are the toothpicks when you need them???
ugh...
you're right... they would hurt ...
............. so anyway.......
It's been a last 24 hours.... that's for sure...
I had my DRs appointment....
......... now keep in mind, early in the pregnancy, I heard.... "we aren't going to let you go past 36 1/2 weeks like last time...."....
.... then I heard 37 weeks...........
................. and then recently it got changed to 38 weeks........
....................................... and yesterday..... he had the audacity to mention 39 weeks... 39 WEEKS........
I thought for sure I'd have a baby by NOW!! I mean ... come on....
Oh I don't want to hear it... I totally get and support the fact that his lung were not developed and it wasn't time to deliver him... I want what is best for him... and that is cooking longer...
......... however...........
I am miserable.... and I am ready for this to be OVER.....
OVER
I am having such thoughts as ..........
......... castor oil............
..................... sex ....................
................................nipple stimulation ............
.................................................... jumping up and down until SOMETHING happens.....
These aren't very good thoughts.... really.... however it's a sign that ... this needs to be over ...
My DR is the best, so I'm just frustrated.... this pain and pressure and all that is just getting to me...
Funny story... since it was expected that I'd have this baby, my appointments got canceled for this past week... so in L&D Dr. B called and "un-canceled" my appt... so when I got there yesterday, I went to check in and was told it was canceled.... when I was told it shouldn't be, I was told to go to the desk over there... .so then I got the attention of Becky, a girl I went to high school with, and she was confused at first... and then... she goes "ohhhhhhhh I think I canceled it" and I said "well you did but then Dr. B un-canceled it...." ... she goes "nooo, I think i canceled it again yesterday" LOLOLOL... she said she had taken Tuesday off (first day of school) ... so when she had come back and seen me on the schedule for Friday, she said "what is she doing on here?? She had a baby on Tuesday.... " and took me off. I laughed and told her she needed to stop being so efficient and slack off in her job a bit.. LOLOLOL... she felt so guilty though...
I get back there and Maria and I are talking about it - and she's telling me how Dr. B was just saying "Annissa was on the schedule and now she's not, why did she cancel?" ... Maria was like "I donno, I know she was on there on Wednesday" ... He said "Well you better call her and tell her she has to come in, she can't skip out on the appointment... " LOL... But I was there... so... but it was all nice to be worried about.
So anyway - I actually gained some weight (like 2 lbs, but then again, I was wearing heavier clothes cuz it's cold here now), my BP was *okay* at 140's over 90's ... a trace of protein ... Kaedyn passed the NST very quickly... I measured 41 weeks ... ::sigh::
So anyway ... they ran blood tests for pre-eclampsia and that all came back fine. So unless my water breaks, or I go into labor on my own over the weekend/monday... we'll go back in Tuesday for another amnio and tentative c-section.
.... oye .....
So lets get this labor started!!! lol....
September 8, 2008
I currently feel as if I am going to explode ........ I admit, I've been bad tonight. I'm pigging out on donuts, and drinking Pepsi... so not good for my gestational diabetes, but I figure I deserve one last hurrah after being good ... and I get to stop eating at midnight, drinking anything dairy... and can only drink non-dairy stuff until 10am. After that, I get to enjoy... nothing but... air... does it come in Cherry?!?! Took - hopefully - last pregnancy picture of me today infront of the sunflowers that was taller then me and the buds are bigger then my freakin head!
So anyway ... this is going to be my last post until I update tomorrow, if that be an update with a new lil bitty ... or a very disappointed "I'm going to get castor oil, run over railroad tracks, etc" post... however ... do you realize that if I have him tomorrow, his first birthday will be on 9-9-09? ... lol... Noah missed the 2-2-02 thing by ONE DAY!!!!!!!!!! He was born on 2-1-02 (however he was suppose to be taken the next day)
I'll be heading to the hospital around 1pm... probably leaving around 12:30...
So we'll be making sure everything is packed, loading Dennis' truck... spending a few moments with Nathan ... getting emotional... cleaning... and various other stuff tomorrow...
The boys are going to school... Calahan is yet again having a hard time at school. Seems some kid in his gym class tripped him on purpose... and he got hurt. Not bloody and damaged, but angry and scuffed up a bit. He's currently downstairs watching the Packers vs Vikings game... and let me tell you, he's not routing for his favorite color (green)!! LOL... He's a pure Vikings fan...








No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!