Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Mom .. did you know we are rats?

.
I figured it was time for a nice update entry .... for anyone stopping by via ICLW, scroll down an entry or two. The one below this I discussed my IF history and journey to my blessing of 40 toes... and the one below that is a little get to know me a little better... Cheers!

Kaedyn and Nathan in Kaed's crib... lol.. they were being goons and jumping like beans - I took videos - lol - but I haven't loaded them up on youtube yet. Anyway ... they are both STILL sick! Both have Rotavirus.... ugh... I'm struggling with them because they are both so miserable at times. It kills you when everytime they see the changing table or me carrying a tub of wipes that they start crying instantly or crying and trying to hide. That's how bad their bottoms have gotten due to this nasty virus. They have the constant poops, Kaedyn went all day yesterday without any and then today, it picked back up. Nathan has been running a 102 temp off and on, he's been nauseated, vomiting, he's been utterly miserable with a few shining moments of goofy. It's hard to see your kids suffer, period! We've had many days in the last week just hanging out in our PJ's not doing much of anything but laying around rubbing bellies, heads, wiping behinds, trying to sooth tears, manage to get something in them to eat and drink and listening to them cry the moment they mess their diaper cuz it has to sting. Nathan was awful lethargic at times today too and I was ready to run him in, but by the time Daddy got home, he had perked up a little. If he is like this again tomorrow, I'm going to have to call his Ped and get him in. He has ZERO reserves to lose, and he's lost a lot. I'm afraid that he's not even close to being the 18lbs he HAD been prior to this. It's so hard for him to gain an ounce of weight that I'm really afraid this has taken it's toll and he's back down to .... say the 16lb range. He also got a major stuffy nose today so I ended up slapping a Vicks Vapor Patch on his chest, squirting saline drops up his nose, and suctioning him out with a bulb syringe. I was NOT his best friend during all that. But he wanted nothing to do with Daddy tonight, which broke his heart :( Now he's finally asleep. Earlier though he didn't want me holding him, he didn't want to cuddle in my chair and watch Blues Clues, so I got up and sat at the computer and started reading some of the wonderful blogs involved in ICLW just to see what my not paying attention would do, and he ended up coming over and laying on the floor by my feet, and falling asleep. I picked him up and put him in the chair, just so he was more comfortable, but apparently that was a bad idea because I got yelled at for a half hour and then he proceeded to do the same, and fell asleep at my feet again when I gave up trying to console him. I HATE not knowing how to make him feel better.

As I was writing my entry, he woke up and got sick all over the place. Poor kid. He's cuddled on the couch right now with his Beanny (TY Bear in a bunny suit) and his blanket....

Noah turned to me today while we were in the babies room ...

Noah: Mom, did you know you, me and Kaedyn are rats?
Me: What?
Noah: Did you know that we are rats?
Me: Excuse me? I'm thinking ... did he say RATS!?! Is he studying the Chinese Zodiac without my knowing?
Noah: (exasperated sigh) Did you know, MOM (he gives me that beady eyed look that says COME ON) ... that we are rats!?
Me: Rats? I'm still not sure that I'm hearing him right...
Noah: Yes, RATS!
Me: I'm so confused... Why are we rats?
Noah: You, Me and Kaedyn are the rats, and Daddy, Cal and Nathan are the cats, and the cats chase the rats! He said it so matter-of-factly!
Me: Ohhhhh-kay
Noah: getting up proud that he has finally been understood. "Daddy chases you, Nathan chases Kaedyn, and Cal chases me!" he said proudly.
Me: Standing there thinking... he's kinda right isn't he?

Just thought I was share that interesting conversation with Noah today!! (the pictures or of him reading in our living room window yesterday)


If you wonder why we have the blankets on the windows like that, Nathan suffered from migraines and we use to have the windows covered with 2 sheets, but things got better, and then he started to show signs again. So we keep the living room semi-dark most the time now. I threw those up one day in desperation to ease his misery one day, and just haven't taken them down. This way there is still some light in the room but there are still dark corners he can hide.

So yesterday my teenage son left me...... ::sniff:: Okay he didn't LEAVE me but he left for a week long trip with his Grandma J (his biological Dad's Mom) ... she's taking him on her covented trip to South Dakota that she is making a tradition for all the 13 yr old men in her life. She took his dad when he was 13, and she's taking Cal, and has told Noah she'll take him when he turns 13 (he was very upset he couldn't go now) ...

So Cal packed up.... took his pillow, his clothes, a book to read, his DS, a folder and a notebook. His Grandma J is buying him a toss away camera or two to take some pictures with, she's also taken her digital camera... and he has an assignment to do too. Nothing major. Just that he has to journal every day.... just 3 things. What did you do? What did you see? What did you learn? He also took along 15 pages of South Dakota facts to look over (if he so chooses).

Waiting for Grandma...
"Okay Mom," he said "Remember I'll only be gone a week, I've been gone longer before."

"No you haven't," I said... I'm not going to cry, my baby is leaving, I'm not going to cry....

"Yes I have, when I went out to Nana's in Washington"...

Oh... yeah... "yeah you are right" I was forced to admit. "Just be sure you have fun but don't forget to journal too!"

Darby the vicious dog... LOL... (not really)
Calahan and Grandma J (who is taller now?)
"Bye Mom, I love you!" Secretly he's thinking ... let me leave already!!

Noah having some "feel sorry for me, I didn't get to go" Ice CreamDennis was upset he missed Cal before he left. He wanted to wish him a good time and everything else.

Today Daddy brought home some nummy's ... Piggy man immediately accepted said offering of peace and ran off with it to enjoy!
Nathan even managed to eat some.....And now I'm going to end this - because even though it's 12:30 am and I rubbed Nathan's head for over a half hour already and thought I had him calmed down, apparently he's not and his tummy is still upset. So I'm going to go cuddle him now and try to get him back to sleep. Poor baby. Guess we are going to the DR tomorrow after all!!

1 comment:

  1. I hope Kaedyn and Nathan are feeling better today! I like the silhouetted photos, especially the "waiting for Grandma" pic.

    :: ICLW ::

    ReplyDelete

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!