Friday, August 28, 2009

First Steps to.... First Steps.... (and update on Nate)

Remember I mentioned one of my sunflowers in my blog from yesterday? Here is one of the pictures I took. The rest didn't turn out like I thought - so I have to go re-do them... And it's funny cuz I took an earlier bloom and cut it - brought it in the house - and figured the rest of the stem would die off or what not. Well, surprisingly enough - it grew two more buds on it?! I was like HUH?? I've never seen a sunflower do that before but I was never one to cut it for vases either. LOL...



Yesterday afternoon my lil Monkey baby was standing at the chairs in the kitchen and I was sitting on the floor talking to Dennis while he cooked (Sloppy Joes from scratch) and playing with Kaedyn. Nathan had fallen asleep after getting home from the DR and he slept ALL NIGHT (from 6pm to about 7am I think, then he slept from 1pm to 4pm today) ... You know the Buggy is sick when he sleeps THAT MUCH! I'm so use to the active little boys who has so much energy (and not in a bad way) ... it's hard for us to see him so weak and tired all the time.

ANYWAY - back to Monkey... He was standing at the chairs and wouldn't you know.... he let got ..... and my breath caught..... and he stood there for what seemed like FOREVER but was only like 10 seconds..... and then his little fat feet moved towards me..... OMG OMG OMG OMG I was bouncing on the floor - screaming it.... my poor husband looked at me. "What?" Cuz all he saw was Mr. Kaedyn clinging on me and sticking his hands in my cleavage - a normal everyday sight. "HE TOOK HIS FIRST STEP!!" I shouted. He just continued cooking like it was no big deal, or like he didn't hear me. I put Kaedyn back and I said "LOOK LOOK" and OMG OMG OMG OMG he did it again!!! He put moved his little cubber feet and took a step to me. Oooh I wanted to cry.... but cry I must not do. This is unacceptable behavior and I must not get excited about it!! This is my last baby and the LAST of the firsts.... I'm on the verge of tears every day as we approach that first birthday where I can no longer call him "My Baby" but refer to him as "my ONE year old" ... :: sniff :: But alas.... I continued to bubble with excitement witnessing my son take his first steps. So I put him back a THIRD time cuz his Daddy STILL didn't see! And he did it AGAIN - this time Daddy WAS looking. We both clapped with excitement and Kaedyn grinned like a fool! Probably thinking "I don't know what I did but they sure liked it" .. lol... So I put him back a FOURTH time thinking I had to get a video of this huge milestone... and as I began to tape, he plopped his butt down on the floor and crawled away ...... GO FIGURE..... LOL...

I got a call from the clinic today, checking up on Nathan. I told them that he had thrown up this morning and his diapers were still really bad, but he had SOME energy this morning and he was still drinking and eating ... it was nice they called. Guess they are as worried about him as I am. (he just brought me pop-tarts - YAY - Daddy is making dinner but dang it, any interest in food and he's getting it right now!) .. He needs a bath tonight and we may (or may not) have a movie night tonight. If we don't tonight - we'll have one Sunday for sure once Calahan gets home from his trip. Regardless ... they are getting dinner and getting in the tub, then we'll figure out if we're going to do movies or not.

Calahan ... I called last night to see how the trip was going and how he was ... I'm worried he might have gotten sick before he left and wanted to see, hoping his trip wasn't being spoiled... and his Grandma J's phone was off, which I knew it would be - most likely. So I left a message and hope to get to talk to him tonight (if she gets the message, she will have him call me back) .. but I know that she's roaming and may not even get the message right now - it all depends on if she can get any signal ... so I'm not going to worry about it. But I'm thinking of him, I hope he's having a great time :) I hope they are getting a TON of photos! And I miss him.

So last night Daddy made homemade (from scratch) Sloppy Joes ...... they were super nummy. Kaedyn totally made a little piggy out of himself! LOL.. OMG he just ate a ton - and then he plopped himself down on the floor and sighed.... Done I take it? I asked him... and he groaned! LOL



I cannot BELIEVE he is going to be ONE YEAR OLD in 12 days...... it's not fair :( I just want to freeze time and have a little more time to enjoy his babyhood!!




























2 comments:

  1. First .....Thank you sooo much for the award! It totally made my day!

    Now, where to begin....
    Homeschooling - I have much respect for women that homeschool thier children. I know it is extremely demanding and hard, but it is so worth the effort. I don't know for sure if I will ever do it, but it is a definite possiblity.

    Cooking - Well, I wouldn't really say I have a passion for cooking. It's more like I have a passion for eating. :-)
    I LOVE cooking and food blogs. They are my favorite. I can't wait to check out your husbands.

    As for reading, I DON'T carry a book everywhere I go, but that is just because I have a Obsessive-Compulsive disorder concering books. I am scared to carry them around because I might damage them. :-) I have my own home library (yes, I'm very lucky), with about 1,000 books in it. :-)

    My chronic illness is two diseases actually. Hypothyroidism and Lupus. My thyroid is treated with daily medication and my Lupus is mild. But I still feel the effects of both.

    As for writing, it is something that I really long to do, but can't ever seem to get done. I can't seem to commit to a daily schedule of writing. It is just so hard to create something out of thin air!!!

    Well, I think that's bout' it. Feel free to use my email:
    books_n_dogs@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following from MBC!

    http://lollipops.blogspot.com
    www.mysweethomeinspirations.com

    ReplyDelete

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!