It's KNIGHT Information Night ...
We get to ...
- Pick up Class Schedule
- Purchase ASB Card and/or Yearbook
- Take School Pictures
- Check-out Textbooks (Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors)
- Access School Lockers
I got to print off the Yearbook form and the Pictures form.... and I'm going through them.... and I'm thinking...
$25 for eating during Last Summer Hurrah with his friend Alex ....
$35 for Student ID (allowing him into all school games free & discount at school functions)
$41 for Student Photos
$68 for Pre-Order of Yearbook
Teenager, Attitude and ALL ....... PRICELESS ....
::: Looks around ::::
Yeah......... maybe......
I had this conversation with the teen ....
"CALAHAN!?!?!"
"WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAT!?!?!"
Looking at the list... "What is an ASB Card?"
"I don't know"
"COME HERE!"
comes grudgingly into my room "What?"
"What is an ASB Card?"
"I don't know!"
"GAWD," so I go back on the highschool website and open up the PDF file of the Parent/Student Handbook..... and I read it off....
ASB CARDS
All students must have a current BHS ID or ASB card. ID cards are issued free to every student. BHS students need a current ID card to ride the bus and purchase tickets to be admitted to school dances. An ASB sticker may be purchased for $35, which entitles students to reduced prices for school activities and free admission to home athletic events. Participants in music, sports, drill team, cheer, and Knowledge Bowl are required to purchase ASB cards. Students are encouraged to support their Knights by purchasing an ASB sticker. A $3 fee will be charged to students for replacement ID/ASB cards."Oh" he says....
"Well?"
"Well what??"
It's like pulling teeth. "If you aren't interested in attending any school functions or getting into games for free, then I'm not going to get it."
He's laying on my bed with his arm over his eyes.... "Games?"
"Football games, Soccer games, Baseball games," I start listing stuff off....
"Football games," he says matter-of-factually ....
"Well if you aren't going to go, then I'm not going to pay for it because it'll be a waste of money." He is totally interested in getting into sports but his grades aren't good enough right now. So if he ever WERE going to get into sports, then he would need it ...
"I'll go," he said smiling.
"Are you sure?" I asked. "Maybe Alex would be interested in going?"
"Maybe," he goes.
"Cheerleaders," I whispered ...
"MOM!" he yells, his face is all red....
I just want him to enjoy highschool, and since he's at a school he loves, has friends now ... it's a huge thing... I'm hoping this year he'll pull his grades up and just maybe he can try out for some sports teams!
In the mean time, I'm going to tell him to join some clubs... I told Dennis, I loved it, it was fun...
Dennis said "For you maybe, not for him....."
I retorted: "Maybe there is a W.O.W. team .... or he could start one!" and then we both laughed....
Dennis said "Yeah, just a bunch of boys hanging out talking about World of Warcraft....
Realized today .... he's ...

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!