Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Menu Planning ....


We have a large family.   Food is one of our biggest expenses ...    so we're always looking for ways of cutting our bill ....   coupons w/ ad matching, etc and so on....   and now, we're going to start meal planning.  I want to do a month at a time, however, it's a lot harder then it looks.   So right now, I finished off this week and have next week done.  

This is what we have so far.  

August 10:  We're going to be grocery shopping tomorrow, and will probably get something for lunch. 
                  Dinner: Honey Glazed Pork Chops w/ Broccoli 
August 11:  Lunch: Pepperoni Pizza Cups
                  Dinner: Crispy Ranch Chicken  w/ Garlic Mash & Corn
August 12:  Lunch: Ham & Cheese w/ cream cheese Tortilla
                  Snack: 7-Layer Salad (close to dinner) 
                  Dinner: Papa Murphy's 
                  Dessert: Rolo Cookies (didn't have time to make this)
August 13: Breakfast: Chocolate & Peanut Butter Filled Crescent Rolls
                 Lunch: Angle Hair w/ Zucchini 
                 Snack: Taco Dip didn't end up doing any of these, we had left overs
                 Dinner: Tacos
August 14: Breakfast: Toads in a Hole Traditional Breakfast
                 Lunch: Sandwiches & Stuffed Peppers ended up having "Brunch"
                 Dinner: One Pot Chicken Dinner  Went over to my mom's for Roast Dinner


Next Week: 
August 15: Lunch: Pigs in a Blanket
                 Dinner: Cilantro-Lime Chicken w/ Chimichurri Sauce
August 16: Lunch: Sandwiches & Ants on a Log
                 Dinner: Spaghetti w/ Pepperoni & Zucchini and Texas Toast
August 17: Lunch: English Muffin Pizza
                 Dinner: Honey-Glazed Chicken Stir-fry w/ Rice
August 18: Lunch: Hot Dogs (?) 
                 Dinner: Cola Pot Roast
August 19: Lunch: Peanut Butter Sammichs
                 Dinner: Homemade Pizza & Salad
                 Dessert:  Cake in honor of Jessa's 7th Birthday
August 20: Breakfast: Cinnamon Cresent Rolls
                 Lunch: Back-Wrapped Chicken Stuffed w/ Jalapeno Poppers
                 Dinner: Taco Salad
August 21: Breakfast: Classic Breakfast
                 Lunch: Sandwiches (or left overs) 
                 Dinner: Slow Cooked Barbecue Chicken 

So there you have it..   Took me all day to plan that.  I found some new recipes to try and we're looking forward to some of them.                   

I will be sure to share in our success or failure of this! LOL.... and some of the recipes :)

1 comment:

  1. ok but like I want DAILY recipes Nissa, with all the free time I know you have ;) but seriously I want to learn to make new good stuffs!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!