Friday, August 26, 2011

The Trojan Man paid me a visit ...

NOT THIS Trojan Man....

This one ...
He visited my computer ........ which means............. VIRUS!!!
What happened ... you might ask.   I am involved with this Twitter Party called Comment Hour ... and by no means should what happened reflect on this amazing function COMMENT HOUR HAS BEEN ATTACKED! ...(had to take down the button too :(  But when it's back up - CHECK IT OUT!)   but, this amazing Twitter Party happens Wednesday nights, a bunch of people gather on twitter for an hour, and 25 random blogs from the people who signed up are featured... it's a great time! ...  I signed up for it this week, looking forward to it ... and fully expecting to make it... but things got crazy, Kaedyn wasn't feeling well ... Nathan was in such a crabby mood...  and things just weren't going well that night and by the time I realized it, it was 8 o'clock and I had a few "twitter mention" alerts in my email.  Knowing what this meant, I got all excited!!

I GOT FEATURED!!! LOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT .... 

So I quickly flipped to my Tweetdeck and was looking at the mentions and looked for the link to the list from that night.  When I found it, I noticed a few tweets about some of my fellow Comment Hour Girls getting a "Malware" Warnings.  I'm thinking ... okay ..... and sure enough, I click it and get the same warning ... I'm thinking ...... WHAT??? .... I've been here before, I know it's a safe site...   so I power through...

BIG MISTAKE ... 

Did I mention??? BIG MISTAKE????  ....  with in a few minutes I got one of those stupid "you have a virus, you must buy me to get rid of it" crap ... whined to my husband, he finally got it to go away and said "I'll get rid of it tomorrow, just DON'T SHUT IT DOWN" ...  I'm thinking - that's fine - I won't....

Ten Seconds Later ........

IT WAS SHUTTING DOWN ITSELF .........

Yep ...... I was clearly screwed...

I tried to save it, but ....... no luck...
Stupid Trojan Man was laughing at me ......... LAUGHING at me........

UGH!!!

I didn't touch my laptop for the rest of the night ....  

Following morning, we opened my laptop...... EVERYTHING was gone....  all my icons were gone, programs such as my SIMS and TWEETDECK ... and ZOO TYCOON ... were GONE, Uninstalled, Deleted....  My books that I have written, gone....   my pictures........ GONE........ all my blog graphics ... GONE ...... E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. .. GONE ...
So Dennis started getting to work ...  after awhile, he declared that he didn't think he could get anything back.  I started to moron my loss.  A year's worth of pictures..... 13 chapters of a book I didn't have anywhere else, the beginnings of another book that came to me......... I was going to cry .... but there was still hope because according to the data on the laptop, it was OBVIOUSLY still there somewhere....

My screen even went SIDEWAYS at one point .......

Don't adjust your screens........ that is what was wrong with mine!!

I told Dennis, I obviously had STUPID written on my forehead....  Took a picture to prove it too!

and by luck, Dennis finally found the stuff - all hidden and moved .... but thank goodness!!  I immediately got to work on transferring and saving what I wanted to save and keep on the laptop ....took all day yesterday ...

This morning ... we got to work at wiping my computer of everything, and restoring it ...  now I'm slowly getting all my programs back on it....

all graphics other then the last 3 pictures were found on google images ....

3 comments:

  1. horrible.

    I had to take down my buttons too. I think that is why my visitor count has been low.

    I did the same thing and continued on and my virus program caught it, and locked it away and I have not had any of those other problems...

    was silly to think that I knew the site though.

    They are still working on it getting fixed. :-/

    glad you are able to recover stuff!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry, this has been horrible and to find out someone was infected by it makes me even sadder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn that sucks, Yea when I see MALWARE WARNING DONT COME HERE i leave :P I was the one was like CH IS INFECTED OH NOES!!

    poor site. i guess it got WAY to popular and now it is a TARGET! :( evil hackers...

    ReplyDelete

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!