Friday, August 19, 2011

Dr. Pepper Pot Roast ...

So, I've read about "Cola Pot Roast" or "Dr. Pepper Pot Roast" ... actually, the Dr. Pepper one I had was Pulled-Pork. 

So I thought it was for roast.... whoops... 

So I started a search, and I came across two recipes .. printed them both off ...  and my husband looked at them, and went ... "Phhhhhh, I'll do it my way," .... :::insert panic here:::  Just kidding... he is a trained chef! LOL... 

Yes, that's right ....... my husband cooks, and I don't ...... it is a LOVELY thing....

So the recipes I printed were as follows:

DR PEPPER POT ROAST


Ingredients:
4-5 pound pot roast
10 red new potatoes
2 cups baby carrots
1 can Dr. Pepper
2 Tb minced garlic
Big slosh of soy sauce
white pepper


Optional Ingredients: 
liquid smoke
chopped onion
worchestershire sauce
dash of dry mustard


Instructions: Place your pot roast in the bottom of your slow cooker and add the liquids and seasonings.  Cook on HIGH for one hour, then add the new potatoes (cut in half).  Cook for another hour and then add the carrots.  Cook only until the meat is done and falls apart and the veggies are fork tender, about 4-5 hours total. 

Then I saw this one.......


SUPER-EASY SLOW COOKER DR PEPPER POT ROAST


Ingredients:
3-4 lbs Pot Roast
1 package dry onion soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can Dr. Pepper


Optional Ingredients:
2 chopped carrots
2 stalks celery
1 chopped onion


Mix all together, put in slow cooker/crock pot.  Cook 6-8 hours. 

I totally forgot to take a picture of the pot roast in the crock pot .... but dayum doesn't it look nice and juicey???   It was ...  trust me....  and I had already eaten my carrots....

So....  what did Dennis the Chef do???

First off - we usually do throw potatoes in the crock pot when we make roast, but we didn't this time.  So he made Garlic Mash ...  after he browned off the roast, he threw it in the crock pot with some Italian seasoning ... a little Garlic Powder... some onions, and salt and pepper ... of course with a can of Dr. Pepper ....along with a bag of baby carrots...   and cooked it most the day.   That's it. 

So - that's our adventure with Dr. Pepper Pot Roast!!  It was definitely a different taste then what I'm use to but it was good... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!