Saturday, May 21, 2011

Welcome ICLW'ers!


It is time for I.Comment.Leave.Week .... YAY!!!  If you'd like to know more about it........ please check out Mel's Blog: Stirrup Queen .......

You can read many of my last ICLW intro's HERE .. but .... that might be a little boring.

Let me give you a bit of history.......(I'm actually going to copy and paste this from last month I participated ..  just cuz I am sick right now!!)

For those who have suffered, I have been there... I was on the infertility train ... for ... a .... long ..... time.   5 years, and then another 4 years.  Luckily, I suffered from Secondary Infertility so I had a little boy, who was BEGGING me for a little "sisser" ... to keep my mind off it (read sarcasm).  Unfortunately - your mind becomes so wrapped around everything, and over analyzing EVERY symptom... no one knows how much infertility hurts but someone who has been through it.  Doesn't matter if you have other kids or not, if you feel like your family is incomplete, it hurts just as bad.

I know a lot of people who are going through infertility without having children yet, don't feel the same.  And I can respect that.  I would probably feel the same way.  But I know how much it hurt me, and how it crushed my soul.   On top of fighting the fight... I suffered 14 miscarriages.  Some of them, I have to say, were easier then others.  There were ones I was just so crushed and heartbroken, others I expected and was just pessimistic about... some I wanted so bad and ...my hopes and dreams for that baby were shattered upon the jagged rocks of a beach...

All I think about is....... if I hadn't lost some of those babies, I wouldn't have the ones I have, and I love my boys!  They were fought for....... With Calahan I lost his twin....and by some miracle he hung in there....  then the five years of secondary infertility happened.... got Noah and was told he would die during the pregnancy due to his rare genetic disorder... but he is my 9 year old miracle man!  Then suffered more infertility....  Then I got divorced, gave up on men, and met ... cheesy as it sounds..... the love of my life.  I can't explain how much I love the man.  We decided to give it a shot and got pregnant right away!  I honestly didn't think I was and it took my very persistent BFF to cyberly push me to the bathroom - literally - and when I was walking up the stairs back to my computer ....   and I looked down, and saw those two lines.... the world actually stopped moving.  Then the news came about his medical issues, and my world broke open and swallowed me whole. No one really knew how scared I was, but going through what I had already with Noah, in the NICU, all the medical stuff, knowing that - to this day - anything could happen and I could lose him .... and now, it was happening all over again.  Nathan's issues are different, but they are more severe.  They could be worse, don't get me wrong...  but I worry about his future.  I worry if he'll have one.  He is just such a ... vibrate little guy.  That's all I can focus on sometimes.  His list of medical issues, seems endless sometimes.  But he is certainly one of the five loves of my life.  Then....  we decided to try again - miscarriage on our 1st wedding anniversary and 2 weeks later, a little egg was implanting again.... a few days later, after an early morning wake up call from the SWAT team breaking in next door........ I got two faint pink lines ....... and that would be my Kaedyn..... healthy as can be.

If you are interested in reading more of the boys' ... you can see updates  MY UNIQUE FLOWERS ..  We are also doing a Fundraiser for Nathan and Noah.  I am trying to raise money to get to Chicago this summer so we can meet with the DR who is the "leading" doctor in Nathan's specific disorder (Russell-Silver Syndrome) ...  we'll also have the chance to learn things that can help Nathan now and in the future, and meet with other families who have little kids like mine.  In addition, they also deal with some of Noah's issues there so I'm wanting to go there for both of them. 

I am proud to say I am an IF grad........ I hate that I can read most of your blogs and totally relate with the feelings ... but I do.  No one should have to go through what we do for wanting one of the most basic things in life.

All I can say, is I wish one thing for all my friends suffering, for all the people suffering from infertility ... I really, truly hope, 2011 and 2012 are YOUR years to be filled with buldging bellies, miserable pregnancies that will totally be worth it (and trust me, as much as you don't want to complain or are thankful for that life inside you, you WILL complain and you will, on some days, especially towards the end, be miserable-- it'll be a HAPPY miserable) .. .. and followed by nothing but dirty diapers, sleepless nights and payments of smiles and giggles and heart-bursting firsts!

If you want to read more of my blog, I have some highlighted posts on the left menu :)   Thanks for stopping by!!



11 comments:

  1. An IF grad, I like the sound of that! Hopefully soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog.. stopping by to say HI from ICLW #23

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy ICLW!!! I, too, am an IF grad & have 1 miracle daughter who is 3 months old. I look forward to following you & getting to know you & the boys :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from ICLW, this is my 2nd time. I didn't remember to add myself to the list until yesterday though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In my opinion, I think there is a difference between first time infertility and secondry, the difference is a child calling you mummy. I'm sure both could be very hard and heartbreaking and all and I'm totally not saying secondary infertility is not difficult, but when you are not yet a parent, and fear you might never be..
    [just want to clear that I am now a mother of a little girl, and hope one day to ttc #2]
    Anyway, here from ICLW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your boys are beautiful!
    happy iclw
    best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I never thought I'd find someone with worse stats than mine...8 miscarriages, 3 successful pregnancies. You have absolutely beautiful boys and I'm so glad you made it through to the other side of IF.

    ICLW #6

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sadens me to share, I have lost two babies, one recently. Everything happens for a reason, and thank god you have the ones you have today. They are handsome boogers! I hope you get everything you want for them. PS- I left a little something for you on my blog today :) Hope you smile a little!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping by from ICLW!!

    Wow, that is some TTC history!! That's amazing...and gives me a lot of hope...haha :).

    Your boys are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a lovely family! All the best with your fundraising project.

    Visiting from ICLW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful family. Here from ICLW--nice to meet you! I really appreciate your explanation of being an IF Grad.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!