Today he had tried to get a bunch of his friends together to go to the park ... no one could do it but his girlfriend and her twin sister. (I have a feeling they are going to be a package deal for awhile.) So .. then this morning (after Calahan cleaned up so that they could come over) he finds out that their cousins or something were over so now they couldn't, however, they invited us to stop by for a few minutes. They wanted to meet me and get to know Cal a little bit.
So I took him over there and hung out, chatted with his parents some. They were telling me about some Little People of America stuff because they are also affected as a family... and generally had a good conversation. So ... her dad hands me this "Application to Date My Daughter" .... and handed one to Calahan. I had to laugh.
So I do a google search on "date my daughter" to see if there are any interesting graphics out there... there are a bunch of "applications" and various other stuff. Like.....
The rules are:
- Use your hands on my daughter and you'll lose them after.
- You make her cry, I make you cry.
- Safe sex is a myth. Anything you try will be hazardous to your health.
- Bring her home late, there's no next date.
- If you pull into my driveway and honk, you better be dropping off a package because you're sure not picking anything up.
- No complaining while you're waiting for her. If you're bored, change my oil.
- If your pants hang off your hips, I'll gladly secure them with my staple gun.
- Dates must be in crowded public places. You want romance? Read a book.
::: sigh ::: That's so sexist......
Anyway - are you curious about Calahan's answers? (This is why my blogs have been delayed the last few days) ... Here is his completed survey ....
(I typed his answers under his written ones - so you can read them.... also removed some stuff for privacy.)
Oh, and after we hung out a little bit, I had to go get some groceries. So while I got groceries, Cal and Alana went to the elementary school to play on the playground equipment.... when I was done and went to the elementary school.... they ran up to the car. They said their goodbyes and kissed......
Now, I know for a fact, they hadn't kissed before - and Calahan was beaming. So I of course have to tease him. "CAL KISSED A GIRL AND HE LIKED IT... THE TASTE OF HER CHERRY CHAPSTICK" ... he told me to shush, and that he kissed her four times at the playground.... and that he told her she was a good kisser.
ooooooooooooooooooooooh my....
I am proud of my son, though .... for having respect for her. They haven't kissed in the prior (at least) 6 months of dating. Says good things about him - I think....


Lol! Great post. LOVE LOVE LOVE the application. Will have to keep that in mind for when my 3 little girls try to bring home boyfriends.
ReplyDeleteThat's a sweet "first kiss" story. Does it make you sad that he's growing up? Mine aren't teenagers yet, but I get a little sad when one of them notices a cute little boy on TV. I'm too clingy about trying to keep them little, I guess. If only we could put them in bubbles and keep them little forever....ha!