So ... Nathan was born and Dennis and I started discussing having our 2nd child together when he was home and doing well... discussing the pros and cons of waiting, most of the facts revolved around my health while pregnant and even though it was shockingly easy to get pregnant with Nathan, and managed to hang onto him (I really didn't think I'd be able to get pregnant and carry another baby after Noah and let me tell you that Nathan was an awesome surprise! Not only getting pregnant with him on my own and not miscarrying him right away, but making it through those first few weeks was amazing...) ... it didn't mean that we'd be as lucky again. So once Nathan turned a few months old, we started trying on our own. I charted, and I obsessed, and I got drawn into the world of TTC again. Then one morning I got a faint line on a pg test, and not just that one but a couple others... but I wasn't real excited, I wanted it to be darker ... but I got a faint line on a few others so I knew I wasn't nuts... and then.... I wasn't getting a faint line anymore... I started cramping and spotting, I didn't even bother to call the OB to get the progesterone... I did have an appointment with him though, coming up. So when I started bleeding on our first Anniversary, I wasn't surprised, but I was hurt that Mother Nature put such a damper on the day. I went in and saw my DR. It happened to be CD 5 and I was telling him what was going on. My LP was so short .. (10 days or under) and that I had just gotten a faint + and then AF came, washing what could have been out. He told me "let's put you back on clomid because it should push your LP out a little and you've had good luck on it" (I took it twice before, my first round of clomid - on the third cycle I got pregnant with Noah. My second round of clomid I got pregnant on the first cycle but miscarried, and then tried for 3 more with no luck. Both those had been with my ex husband) ... "Okay... " I said. I didn't quite know how Dennis was going to feel about it. So when I got out of the appointment and to the pharmacy, I called Dennis. We talked about it, he said maybe we should give it a try. So I went ahead and got it, and started taking it that day (my days were cd5-9) ... Usually I took them in the morning, but being the way it was, I took that round at night ... I really didn't think anything would happen. I charted along... thinking nothing would happen.......
So then I ran into this issue where my temp spiked really high and I didn't understand why, I wasn't sick. So then it goes back down, and down, and down... and I'm like okay - whatever - it's abck to where it normally is pre-o, it's still a little higher then what is my normal "pre-o" temps .. but it's okay. I usually O on cd 19... or about there. I really wanted a girl, so CD 17 comes around and I think - well, maybe we should BD tonight and tomorrow morning if we get a chance, and then odds might increase to have a girl! Well, we BD and the next morning I wake up and take my temp and it's up again! WTH??? So we don't BD anymore. CD 21 rolls around and I'm thinking - Did I even O??? (notice those temps are the same lvl as my higher (discarded temps) from Pre-O ... so I'm like, maybe we should BD again.... just incase.... (at that point FF isn't giving me cross hairs)... So I go on, we BD on cd 22 ... at this point I think this cycle is a bust... especially when my temp took a nose dive. I just thought I had one majorly F'd up cycle. Then my temps went back up the following morning and I was just sitting there shaking my head. So I played with FF and discared those higher temps Pre-O (as you see on the chart) and then I saw it.... I saw O, I saw possible implant dip... and I saw it for the first time, that the cycle may not be a bust after all. So then on cd 27 my temps went down again and 28 they stayed down, cd 29, I woke up to the swat team breaking in to the place next to our bedroom window and scaring the crap out of us, praying they don't wake up Nathan... and when all was said and done, I meandered to the bathroom and grabbed a cup, and a HPT ... I pee'd in the cup and dumped the stick in there thinking, it'll be negative but wouldn't that be a funny story??? The day I found out I was pregnant with you, I was woken up by voices outside our bedroom window and then I flew out of bed before 6am by this loud noise, like a gun shot. Daddy woke up too and asked what that noise was. Saying it came from outside, I think we were both a little scared to look. But we peered through the blinds and saw tons of guys in SWAT gear, dogs, just tons of people breaking into the place next door to us.
So I walk out to the living room and look at the stick........ and I'm in shock...... SHOCK..... there was a faint line. I'm in SHOCK... So i took another at 8:30am, and there was another faint line, but fainter then the 6:30am test. But there was still a line!!! I already had the Progesterone Rx so I started taking it right away. Dr. B had entrusted me enough to give it to me ahead of time this time because of weekend issues. So I didn't call right away, I just started taking it since my instructions were to start as soon as I got a line.
Then I took a digital...
There is a close up picture of my 6:30am 12dpo test, and my 6am 13dpo test - see how super faint that first one was??? And how much darker it got the next morning! YAY! So I ended up going in on 16dpo to get my first beta, and it came back 245 ... and my 18dpo beta was around 465 ... man, based on those numbers, I thought I was having twins!! NO kidding!! But alas, it was just Kaedyn in there.
So, we took and announcement photo...
8 month old Nathan Patrick...





Great TTC story. I also am a FF graduate times 2! Because of my high history of m/c's I could only get preggers with both my girls buy using FF. Seeing your HPT's reminds me of mine even down to writing the time and DPO's on them..lol
ReplyDelete