So .... I was in bed for all of Thanksgiving (pretty much) .... AGAIN! Last year I was sick for Thanksgiving too and miss Thanksgiving at my mom's. This year though, my Mom & Step-Dad went to see his family for Thanksgiving so we were by ourselves .... well, I was going to ask Cousin Ashley if she wanted to come over but with us sick, I didn't want to share the love and she got invited to her friend's place. So I was happy about that..... Dennis pushed himself. He sat in a rolling chair in the kitchen, and enlisted Calahan's help ... and together - them managed a pretty good feast :)
The Turkey ...
The Potatoes....The Bread (ALWAYS a hit!)
The Stuffing
The Gravy .........
And the Green Beans....
We didn't get a nice family picture.... infact, I think we all hung out in our PJ's all day .... but I got pictures of everyone - separately ...
Mr. Nathan
Fever-ish Me....Dennis carving the turkey ...
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Turkey!!
Noah playing on the computer ....
Kaedyn totally taking over my laptop.....
Marnie Sleeping .....
I tried to get a picture of Mia, but couldn't find her.... so here is a recent one, we'll just pretend it was Thanksgiving...
Calahan playing .... AND SMILING!!
So what am I thankful this year? I am thankful to have the roof over our head and the simple pleasures we have. I'm so thankful for my WONDERFUL friends and family who continuesly support us and who are always there with kind words when we're going through crap like we are... I'm thankful for each of my kids, like I am every year .... I had to fight to get each of them, and I wouldn't trade any of them for the world. I am thankful for my husband, things may not be perfect for us ... but we love each other so much and we lift each other up and take on burdens when we need to - to support the other. We have an amazing relationship. I am thankful for my parents .... all four of them.... love you all! I am thankful that even though we've been on a roller coaster ride this year, that it hasn't been to bad. I am thankful to have my family (Dennis & the kids) together for Thanksgiving, because ....... that almost didn't happen. Even though this Christmas is going to be a small one ... I'm thankful to just be able to be together as a family.



















No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!