After he left, I had the JOY of watching my almost 3 year old.... SUCK.HIS.TOE. ... yes that's right. It was completely dark in the room (we have heavy blankets over the windows cuz Nathan has been suffering - we think - from migraines again.) ... so I got some REALLY BAD pictures.
Sooooooooo speaking of feet .... my precious
"My what big feet you have!?"
"All the better to run all over you Dad."
So anyway - he's getting baptized Sunday and I spent yesterday morning going over the details with the church. There was confusion on which Pastor would be doing it, etc and so on... but it is all ironed out now. My kids average four Godparents each... Cal has 2, Noah has 6, Nathan has 4, Kaedyn has 4. LOL... (If you don't like multiple Godparents, tough - blame my Mother, I have 6!) Anyway .... I ordered the cake last night. 1/4 sheet, marble, whipped frosting, says "Blessings Kaedyn" ... I made sure all the info she wrote down was correct. I watched her write it all down. Told her how they spelled Kaedyn's name wrong on his 1st Birthday Cake... (See, they spelled it Kaeyden ... misplaced the Y and added an E, and actually they spelled it KAEIDEN but I made the I into a Y)
And this is the cake we're getting, the same one we had for Nathan's baby shower.....
So anyway... they called ... and it was the girl that took the order. She must have called from her cell phone because it came up Minnesota Call... annnnnnnywhoo... she says "Hi this is *** from ******* Bakery and um... you were in here earlier and placed an order.... um.... and I have written down that you wanted a 1/4 sheet... and ... marble, vanilla whipped frosting... with the baby bud and says "Blessings Kaedyn" and um... I am just confused on if you wanted the 1/4 sheet or the 1/2 sheet... um... if you could please call us back..."
Seriously?!?!? You have it marked I wanted a 1/4 sheet, yet you are confused!?!?! So I didn't want to deal with it last night, so I called this morning. "Bakery," .... "yes, I got a call last night with questions about my order," .... "name" ... gave them our name ... "okay, hang on" ... yelling back and forth in the background... "Okay, I guess we had a question on the spelling of the name?" .... Um... HUH??? "According to the call I got it was about the size of the cake, she marked down 1/4 sheet because that's what we ordered. As for the spelling, that's correct ON THE PAPER because I made sure she had it correct since ya'll spelled his name wrong on the his 1st Birthday Cake." ... the call went on from there but it was just more of the same. Apparently, we're not getting cakes from there anymore.
So then, insert maleness ........ yes MALENESS ..... I was rehashing the story to him and then we have the following discussion.... fight... banter?? ...
"Why did you only get a 1/4 sheet, you should have gotten a 1/2 sheet.... "
"WHY???"
"A 1/4 sheet is TINY... "
"No it's not, it's just going to be us, Cathy & her family, and maybe Missy's family as far as I know...that's the perfect size..."
"No it's TINY, that big sheet pan I have, that's a half sheet"
Yeah I know how big a half sheet is.. I would order a half sheet if more people were showing up but since they are not... PLUS, cake is one of my weaknesses ... I don't want to eat half a cake because it's there... I'm trying to LOSE weight....
"FINE, if YOU want a HALF SHEET .. then YOU call and change it"
"The phone is dead"
... well that's true, our phones are dead, can't find two of them and no one put the one on the charger last night...
"Then use your CELL PHONE, I had to use mine"
"YOU made the order, I can't change it," he tossed back at me.
"It's under YOUR name so don't give me that!"
"WHY IS IT UNDER MY NAME?"
"BECAUSE MOST PEOPLE CAN SPELL DENNIS!!"
:: sigh ::
Meanwhile the kids are shouting "STOP FIGHTING" and we're going "WE AREN'T FIGHTING" ROFLMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Speaking of which, my hunky hubby has an issue with his appearance. See he's not PERFECT like me, and he's starting to get gray hair at the ripe old age of 35, but he's been complaining about it for over a year, so really he was getting them at the ripe old age of 33 - not only in his hair but in his beard too... and apparently the freckling of gray hairs (or white) are annoying to him so he had to pick up some "JUST FOR MEN" .... yep that's right, it's starting already....
So he dyed his beard this morning.....
After...
Awwwwwwwwww he's so handsome!
Yes, my children are TROUBLE makers with capital T-R-O-U-B-L-E .... (as Nathan is currently throwing a temper fit, complete with pounding his feet on the floor because I took the boots off of him that he was fitting about not going on his feet........... (rolline eyes) ... is there ANY pleasing him???) ... Apparently we weren't getting dinner done quickly enough for Kaedyn the other night..... so this happened...
Yep, and ENTIRE box of KIXS ... hey at least they got it on the tray right!?!? Well, no, the floor was covered too... I vacuumed and vacuumed and I'm STILL stepping on KIXS once in awhile....
(insert dramatic eye roll here)
And to end this wonderful random blog....... I want to share the fact that my 18 month old is wearing clothes that my 8 year old wore when he was FOUR! YES FOUR!! Never mind the fact that Noah was tiny too (not as tiny as Nathan though, Noah, although started out smaller at 1lb 12oz ... grew better then Nathan is) ... and in putting said outfit on Kaedyn, it absolutely BOGGLED my mind..... that my 18 month old is wearing clothes my 8 year old was wearing when Dennis and I met......
Noah - Age 4
Kaedyn - 18 months (please ignore the full garbage bin that has since been taken out! LOL)
Don't forget his HOBBIT FEET......
The now 8 year old started yelling .......... "Take a picture of me, take a picture of me, take a picture of me..."
Standing on my couch... what is WRONG with him!?!? Here is his knock knock joke from last night... this was after 10 previous jokes......
Knock knock ... nobody's home.... knock knock... nobody's home.... knock knock... nobody's home ... knock knock... nobody's home.... knock knock... nobody's home... ding dong, ding dong, knock knock... WHO'S THERE.... spider... spider who.... SPIDER GOT MY WEB ON YOU... (laugh) ... I gooooot my JOKE on you!! (he's cheering)













Those are some big ol' hobbit feet! Maybe he'll be really tall!
ReplyDeleteI would probably go with another cake shop next time since obviously those people are idiots. Just a thought!
Hi there!
ReplyDeleteI found you through the "Friday Follow" and am now following your blog through Google Friend Connect. I look forward to further exploring your blog. Come on over and visit us when you have a free moment! <3
Wow, that's a joke!
ReplyDeleteOh man. The hubs! Sometimes it's like having another kid around the house! Looks like everyday adventure at your house!
ReplyDeleteHappy Friday Follow! So glad I found your blog - can't wait to read more!!
ReplyDeleteFollow from MBC, please follow back.
ReplyDeletehttp://healthythaifoodbythebennett.blogspot.com/
Howdy! Thanks for linking up with Friday Follow and so glad you joined in this week! I am now your blog follower. See you again next Friday.
ReplyDelete~ Lynn
http://www.middayescapades.com