Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Oh, RIGHT! I have kids!

I know I know .......... life isn't all about the kittens!!

I have KIDS TOO!!!

So what's been going on in the last couple of months?     Well...  let's see.....

Calahan and his girlfriend Alana went on their first date.  They were going to go to prom on June 1st, but one of them (I guess) had to be a Senior ... and since both of them are Juniors...  they didn't go.  So her parents, and us made it possible for them to go out  ....  so they went to a movie, Fast 6 ... and then I picked them up and we went to my Mom's place....  hung out there, grilled, ate, and took her home :)

Here are a couple of pictures of when I dropped them off ....

We (DB, Kaed and I) helped Nana and Papa re-paint their deck again.  We kept telling Kaed that he could walk on the deck but not the parts that we painted!!   First, he walked in it with one foot .... oops.... then he walked in it again, with both feet!  LOL.....   But he took off his shirt and helped to paint too.

Kaedyn made it through his 2nd year of Pre-School ...  (He attends Head Start & District Pre-School)

Beginning of the school year and end of the school year ...

Some of the artwork and stuff he came home with for his last day...

I asked him to draw me a self portrait ....   this is what he drew :)

Nate drew one too one day when we were at the doctors...

Nathan LOVES these Dyson hand dryers they have at the Children's Hospital in Seattle...  he could stand there all day long and just keep putting his hands in there.  Great sensory thing...

Nathan Graduated Kindergarten .....  this is him the first day of school and the last day ....

We were asked (since Nathan is a bit non-verbal) .... what he wanted to be when he grew up for this project at school.  I was like... I have no idea.  We've been so focused on working on his speech, it's just not something we've questioned.   So I thought - well he likes to play Doctor, so many that.  
Well when he got home from school, I asked him.  He said "ZOMBIE!" and proceeded to act like a Zombie.  I'm laughed and laughed.  Then when I said ...  "You know, in order to be a Zombie, you have to bed dead....." and he gave me his surprised look.  "You still want to be a Zombie?" ... he shakes his head no and then runs away ....  

Here is Nathan with his Graduation Certificate ....

Here are some pictures of when we went to the park a couple days after his last day of school....  Marnie was wearing her dress ... and in the picture of Daddy and Kaedyn, well, Kaedyn was eating his brains cuz he was a Zombie....  (yes, my kids are obsessed with Zombies) ...  Noah was also a couple days after his dental surgery ....

Earlier in June....  Kaedyn threw a full 2 liter bottle of Mt. Dew (Soda) in Nathan's direction ...  and it ended up hitting Nathan in the face.  He came to me, blood gushing out of his nose ...  it took awhile to get the bleeding under control, and my gut told me it was broke... even though it wasn't obvious like it was when Noah fell down the stairs and broke his.  So we put ice packs on it... but you could see the bruising on the side of his nose by his eyes and across the bridge of his nose. We didn't take him into the ER because when Noah broke his nose, it was OBVIOUSLY broken, and they said they didn't think it was (but than gave him discharge papers saying it was) ...  so I figured the ER would be pointless.  The following morning, we got him in with someone at the clinic... who sent him for X-Rays and referred him to the same ENT Noah saw for his broken nose.  Dr. R said that based on the x-rays and the way it looked, it didn't completely break, but was a hairline fracture.  It would heal up in 6 to 8 weeks.  No surgery for Nathan, yay!!   Noah had to have surgery to fix his...

Noah had to have surgery to remove all his baby teeth and fix a couple of cavities that he had.  See ... he has a tiny jaw as it is... I don't know if that's one of the features of his genetic disorder, or what... but his jaw is tiny.  He's only had 3 baby teeth fall out.  Normally between the ages of 6 and 12 you have 20 baby teeth fall out.  Well, his would just hang around and hang around and even though some would be loose, it would take FOREVER for them to come out.  So since he's 11 years old, and his adult teeth are coming in and coming in where they are not suppose to be....  he had the other 17 baby teeth pulled.
Since he had so many teeth pulled, and he only has 12 teeth left in his mouth .... for the moment, others are coming in but they aren't in yet...   he's on a lot of soft foods right now.

We also recently went to the zoo and I'll share that in a different post since you all know how much I looooooove to take pictures :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!