Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Nine is AWESOME!!!!!!


Today my little man Nathan turned NINE YEARS OLD ........

Nine is AMAZING.

A-MAZ-ING ...

Because a year ago in May, Nathan was in the PICU and he was so sick that he almost didn't make it to NINE .....

But here we are - at NINE!

Whenever someone has a birthday ....  Nathan looks at me all hopeful, with a little bit of excitement and a lot of HOPE and he whispers to me "my birthday?"  and I tell him no.  Then his face falls and he goes "ooooooh," all sad like.  So I do a quick count-down and tell him how far away it is.  We'll go through birthdays in order of who has them ...  but it doesn't matter.  Every birthday ... he's always hopeful it's his!!

I woke Nathan up this morning and crawling in bed with him.  I rubbed his little face and he popped open his eyes and looked at me.  So I smiled, and I sang HAPPY BIRTHDAY to him.  We had been doing a count down on his feed bags .... "Five more sleeps..." ... four, three, two, one...  so I said to him after I sang to him.  "Guess what today is!" and he goes.... "It's my BIRTHDAY!" ...

It is indeed, my son...  it is...... indeed.


Got the Littles ready for school - Kaedyn decided he wanted to make himself some bookmarks so he was busy doing that, and Nathan was doing what Nathan does ....  he was watching YouTube.  Which is his routine in the morning.


I pushed them outside to take some pictures :)  Nathan also had his Spring Pictures at school today.  Figured it was his birthday - so ..... Pictures it was!


Kaedyn was like, I want my picture taken too! LOL


We dropped off Kaedyn at his school (can't wait until they are both at the same school again) and headed to Nathan's school where there was a guy playing a violin on the lawn.  I was all "Oh look Nathan, you get serenaded on your birthday!"  He didn't get it...


While he was at school - we got his gift all ready.

He had gotten part of his gift already - we had put a WiiU on layaway and had slowly been paying it off. He's been wanting one for a couple years and asks for it all the time for birthday or Christmas.  There are certain games he wanted that he needed that for, and our regular Wii broke.  But he had gotten his WiiU already - as an early birthday gift - during Spring Break.  He also got to go to the zoo with Kaedyn and the girls ... had a picnic ... and some chaos.  I'll share those pictures soon.  Need to put my watermark on them though.  I haven't had the chance ... 

Anyway - I had asked him that morning what he thought he was going to get - and he told me TWO presents.  We had one.  LOL... we had gotten the Disney Infinity for the WiiU also... and I picked him up some bubbles at the dollar store when I went there to get a couple of "boxes" to do something else for the boys.  


We got him a balloon at the dollar store too - lol....   so I wrapped everything up, put his card on there, and the WiiU hand-held so that he remembered that was part of it too.  


So the green boxes, and the blue ones we had gotten for a little "shelf" thing for the boys .... Kaedyn doesn't have a lot of storage space on his bed... he keeps a box on his bed to store some of his toys in. 


Of course Nathan has a lot of stuffies/lovies from all of his hospital stays.  And he LOVES his stuffies.


We got his cake...  


And I took these...



Nathan came home from school - this is him walking in the door seeing his balloon and gifts.


I kept asking him to wait for Bubba to get home, but he wasn't gonna wait.



Nathan was super happy with his gifts.  He looooves balloons.  Loves them.  He carried it around for the rest of the day, didn't let it go.

He loved his bed - with the blue shelves.

I showed Kaedyn his green ones when he got home.  They are Bubba approved!


We had noodles and sauce for dinner (one of Nathan's favorites, something we aren't making a lot anymore because of Kale's allergies.) .... and then had cake!





It was a very happy and successful birthday!!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!