So I'm working on blogs and just got to my wall. Only have two left and now today's .... but I just couldn't anymore. So I started watching FINDING MY ROOTS ... Love this show. Turns out I'm related to one of them, they are related to all the British Royalty that I am.... (that, btw, is my awesome background on my laptop) ....
3:15 AM ........ Kaedyn whispers....
Kaedyn: Mom?
Me: Yeah?
Kaedyn: I just had a nightmare.....
Me: Do you want to talk about it?
I paused the TV. There was a bit of a pause .... I thought he fell back to sleep.
Kaedyn: There was a snake..... and it was walking...
Me: There was a snake?
Kaedyn: Yeah, and it was walking.
Me: Did it have feet?
Kaedyn: No...
Me: So it was slithering ....
Keadyn: Yeah, and I had to catch it....and the tongue got on me.
Me: So it licked you?
Kaedyn: Yeah. And I had to get it away.
Me; Why did you have to catch it?
Kaedyn: I just thought........ I was home.
Me: Home?
Kaedyn: Yeah
Me: So you thought you had to get it away from your family?
Kaedyn: Yeah (after a bit of a pause, he lifts up his left arm and points to about the middle of his arm between his elbow and wrist.) It got right here!
Me: You were in your bed? It licked you right there?
Kaedyn: Yeah, right there. And we were outside somewhere.
It must have been pretty vivid.
Went from watching that to LIVE PD.... even DB woke up and was getting into it.
I didn't go to sleep. It just didn't happen. I was worried and trying to figure out some answers for Nathan.
He ended up waking up around 4:30 AM ... I started asking him a bunch of questions. I started some fluids around 5 AM...
Kaedyn woke up too .... .
I finally went to sleep around 7AM and DB woke me up around 9:30 AM after he got off the phone with the clinic, who basically told him that after my taking him in last week for the same thing we needed to just take him into Seattle .... so we started to pack up and prepare JUST IN CASE ... figuring that if we were prepared, we wouldn't have to stay .... Murphy's Law ...
We had to stop at WalMart before leaving town, and we got Subway to eat on the way there and for the way back if we didn't stay. Nathan got his typical sandwich only he didn't want pickles and he wanted tomatoes. This is the first time he's asked for tomatoes... and he loved it!
We are goofy ....

On the road.....
2 1/2 hours of sleep - and I still didn't sleep on the way there....
Nathan looking out the window at the water .... he was telling me he loves the water.... we can never move.... ever.... and then the funny faces started
Seattle
Tunnels in Seattle....
We love the little solar garden at Seattle Children's ....
At the ER....
The back of one of the little kid chairs...
I got some WONDERFUL photos of him in the waiting room....
Once we got in the back, we were talking to the doctor. We watched two Justice League Lego Movies, which Nathan did NOT want to watch, but he loved. He was very nauseated. They did an x-ray to make sure that he wasn't backed up (he wasn't.) But funny story, his shirt (glow in the dark Triceratops PJ shirt) showed up on X-Ray.... They did some blood work (tough moment. They were going to do an IV of fluids, but his IV blew when they did the blood draw too) ... we were there for a long time. Yet again I got complimented on doing some trouble shooting at home and being in touch with his symptoms, etc. Poor DB was falling asleep while the doc was chatting with us. All in all, they decided to test run a feed, which he did well during. He got a nausea pill and could finally ditch the puke bag for a bit. Then when they started the feed his nausea came back but at least he did not throw up. They got him in for a GI appointment ASAP ... so as soon as they can squeeze us in, and know when, they are going to call me. We were asked to continue to trouble shoot at home. They put him on a tummy med.... and gave us nausea pills...
Kaedyn called me at one point. I talked to him a little bit, updated Cal on what was going on. Then I sat by Nathan and turned it so he could see the camera and he burst into tears. "I miss Bubba" he said...
Eventually there wasn't anymore movies that I thought he'd go for so we went into his tablet world, which was good because he would end up needing it anyway due to the IV/blood draw....
Seattle at night.... on our way out of town.
So I figured I'd get some work done while going down the road. Let me tell you ... blogging on the road is pretty awesome!!
I was tired and a bit delusional when we got home.....
#OneTiredMomma .... for sure.
We gave Nathan another bag of Pedialyte tonight .... figured we'd go from there after that...



































No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!