Thursday, November 4, 2010

The ... dah-da-dum... COUNTDOWNS.... ~ NoBloPoMo post 4 ~





Let's start with the Christmas Countdown........ yep........ That's RIGHT PEOPLE!!!   Are you thinking about it!?!?!?  Are you making your lists, checking them twice?!!?!?  Or did you start shopping in July?!?!?  Making that "Black Friday" wish list already!?!?!?   SERIOUSLY ..... ugh....  why is it the last 2 months of the year FLY by and I'm always out on Christmas Eve doing last minute shopping.  I haven't even really STARTED to think about this yet!!  Other then Noah telling me he wants everything (literally everything) since July .... oh oh oh ... he has discovered the joys of the internet!!  He has discovered TOYSRUS.COM!!!  Yep.... shoot me now ...help me now!!

As of today ....... 50 days...... that's it..........

I just figured I'd share my unpleasantness with you ...... aren't you happy???

Did you know...... Santa has an official blog?!?!?!  And it's up to date!!!  CHECK IT OUT!!  Santa's Blog



Our friends Ami and Jeff are getting married......
(all photos with Snapshots on them were taken by Sarah at Snapshots Portraits ... if you live in our area, check her out!  She's amazing!)
So Ami asked me to be her Matron of Honor........ being the old married hag I am, I get the title "Matron" ... and I can only think of 27 Dresses movie, and this ...
Yep, that's right......... Ami, I love you .... but you are gonna have to figure that one out on your own.

Course, I have been a "Matron of Honor" before too... but ... whatever...

So she drags me off to their engagement photo session and throws me in the pictures.  As Matron of Honor and Mady's Godmother (Ami is half way through her pregnancy with my little Godbaby and Daughter-To-Share...lol..)
I have to say....... I'm am so fat ... HAWT!!!

Anyway ....... Ami has asked me this question .... several times......

WHAT IS A MATRON OF HONOR TO YOU??? 

Wikipedia says:

A maid of honor or matron of honor is the bride's chief attendant at a wedding.

In the United Kingdom, the term "maid of honour" originally referred to the female attendant of a queen. The term bridesmaid is normally used for all bridal attendants in the UK. However, when the attendant is married, or is a mature woman, the term matron of honour is often used. The influence of American English has led to the chief bridesmaid sometimes being called the maid of honor.

In North America, a wedding party might include several bridesmaids, but the maid of honor is the title and position held by the bride's chief attendant, typically her closest friend or sister. In modern day weddings some brides opt to choose a long-time male friend or brother as their head attendant, using the title Best Man or man of honor.


The activities of the principal bridesmaid may be as many or as varied as she allows the bride to impose upon her. Her only required duty is to participate in the wedding ceremony. Typically, however, she is asked for help with the logistics of the wedding as an event, such as addressing invitations, and for her help as a friend, such as attending the bride as she shops for her wedding dress.


On the day of the wedding, her principal duty is to provide practical and emotional support. She might assist the bride with dressing and, if needed, help the bride manage her veil, a bouquet of flowers, a prayer book, or the train of her wedding dress during the day. In a double-ring wedding, the chief bridesmaid is often entrusted with the groom's wedding ring until it is needed during the ceremony. Many brides ask bridesmaids, if they are adults, to be legal witnesses who sign the marriage license after the ceremony. If there is a reception after the wedding, the maid of honor may be asked to offer a toast to the newlyweds.

Wanna know what I say???

I am your whipping b*tch baby ...........  she liked that, laughed... a lot....... oh Lordy!!

So ..... after the pictures were posted, and Sarah did an AMAZING job ...... Ami got a ton of calls from her family, and they were all saying "I didn't know your sister's hair was that long" ...... muahahahahahahaha...
The resemblance is crazy ...  and all my shorty short life, I never would have thought I'd say this...... I GOT THE TALL GENES!!!   Even one of my best friends said we could be sisters!!  Ami's Mema said that it's absolute that Ami's mom had me and put me up for adoption ... and no one even knew it...  Ami says sadly it sounds like her biological mom...  regardless, apparently we should start to research our family trees and see where the link is....  but 90% of her family thought I was her sister and wouldn't take "no, it's not, it's Nissa" for an answer....  even Dennis said "Kenzie is a nice combo of the two of you" ..... secretly, somehow... Ami and I created Kenzie 15 years ago with her egg and my egg... and Mady is going to be the same way, cuz she's my baby!!  I went from having 4 boys to moving here and adopting 2 girls!! YAY ME!!  Seriously though....  they are my  Heart Daughters....
Regardless, we had a great time at the photo shoot.... Sarah is awesome, and we're going to go get family pictures done through her for Christmas.  Soon... hopefully.  (pic above, Sarah, Jeff, Ami & Me taken by Kenzie w/ my camera) ... 
This one was "Seriously Kenz, are you enjoying my camera" LOL...
Jeff and Kenz posing Charlies Angels Style...
 Kenzie .... Kenzie..... Kenzie...........


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!