THREE ...
Pregnancy was tough in a way, it was wonderful because he was big and healthy, I was going to be able to have him at home (meaning in town, at the same hospital Calahan had been born at, and not 2 hours away where there was a level III NICU) ... Course, I started to have contractions at 5 months thanks to some stupid girl and her last attempt to break up my marriage because she wanted her Knight in Shining Armor ... and continued to have them through the rest of the pregnancy - thankfully, it didn't get serious ...
It all started one January night, when Dennis and I both woke up to what sounded like a gun shot - turned out to being tear gas shot into the place next door to us by the S.W.A.T. team ... don't believe me? I took pictures! Cuz I'm a good blogger like that!
Yep .... I am a very dedicated blogger .... I sneakingly take pictures of cops ....
So... there were a ton of tests to be had for the next few weeks - because I was scared to death of having another miscarriage ... losing yet another baby ...
Of course initially you are so shocked the damn test is positive .... scared to believe it of course... but it was real.... and pretty soon ........
I couldn't see my feet ....... (20 weeks)
But regardless........ I got HUGE
And if you want to read a great (but long) post about the pregnancy ....... CLICK HERE
The day he was born..... we had to go to the hospital early afternoon. The plan was, Dr. B was going to check an amnio to see if his lungs had matured enough for a c-section. I was miserable. Contractions ALL MORNING and they were really annoying me, I was trying to clean and nest, make sure everything was ready and .... having to stop for contractions, but I didn't want to say anything. So I didn't. I kept my contractions to myself, but close to the time we were suppose to go to the hospital and I was stopping and leaning against walls, and not being able to talk through them... it was noticed.
But I insisted on waiting.
And then we left, and I was crying on the way there .... thinking about being separated from the kids, especially Nathan. He's sooooooo tiny still and not walking, not talking .... 16 months old - he was the size of a 6 month old at best... in 3-6 month clothes... and .... I couldn't help but wonder how long it would take Kaedyn to catch up.
We got to the hospital ... and we're walking ... instead of dropping my 9 month pregnant body off at the door, he had me walk across the parking lot. And in the middle of the road, infront of the hospital .. I stopped - complete stop - couldn't move.... why? contraction.... Dennis turns around and says the words he'll never hear the end of. "Are you having a contraction??" To which I replied.... "No, I just thought it would be fun to stop in the middle of the road."
Went in - started to register and she asks .... cuz it's policy .... "Are you having contractions?" ... I look at Dennis, he looks at me.... "Yeah...." LOL ...
We get upstairs and hooked up... turns out I'm having contractions every 2 minutes ... yep! EVERY TWO MINUTES.
It sounds stupid but .... this was the first time I got to go into labor on my own. Calahan, well, he needed threats to evict, now ... I started contractions in the hospital before they gave me pitocin - so I never got it - but I didn't go into labor on my own. Noah was an emergency c-section .. Nathan was a planned c-section ... .and Kaedyn was a planned c-section too but I was 38 weeks, unless the baby's lungs are mature or there is a reason to do the c-section (or I go into labor on my own) .. there isn't a justifiable reason to do one until the due date. In my case, there was a good chance of my uterus rupturing if I went into labor.
So ..... Doc Miracle comes in and starts his speech of amnio risks and blah blah blah that I had heard several times before from him ... (2 with Noah, 1 with Nathan, 2 with Kaedyn) ... and he stops dead in the middle of his speech... and he looks at the monitor ... and says "Boy, you really are having contractions ever two minutes aren't you?" ... "Um, yeah" ... "Change of plans, we're going to check you and depending on if and how far you are dialated, we'll go from there" .... SO he checks me, and I'm 3 cm dialated!! GO ME! And he looks at me and says "It's Baby Time!"
And for a very detailed, long, blog about the birth and hospital stay..... CLICK HERE....








I love that you took photos of the SWAT team, even while pregnant. You're clearly the most dedicated of bloggers!
ReplyDeleteAww, yay!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice story.
Oh, you won A Cinderella Story DVD from my giveaway!