Then ... they increased my metformin to try to get my diabetes under control, but my body was rejecting it, when I told them - they gave me the long lasting metformin - which I could tolerate the dosage ... but then it seemed as soon as I got up to where she wanted me, my liver enzymes shot through the roof ... they are suppose to be no higher then - about - 60 .... mine were almost 500 and almost 300 ...
I get a phone call from Dr. Divine ... she told me to stop taking any and all over the counter pain meds (tylenol, ibuprofin, etc) ... and no more metformin ... my diabetes is out of control.... what does that mean for me????
INSULIN .....
Yep...... not so happy about that. Went through the training and broke into tears because she was gonna make me do it... but I did it. This is what I came home with ...
Needles, insulin, new meter and supplies.... and a large needle disposery ...
This is the new meter ... she had me "try it out" in her office because the needles are so tiny that most people can't use it because they end up "milking" their finger forever...
The box is of course the needles, and the insulin is below it....
She HIGHLY suggested that I get these fast acting glucose tabs to have on hand - so the red bottle is in my diabetes supplies, and the orange one is in my purse. There is more of a likelihood of my sugar dropping from accidently giving myself to much insulin and passing out ... especially with my rotten brain ... I have been forgetting everything - and there are some nights I don't remember if I took my pills. HOWEVER ... I think I'll remember poking myself. Anyway ... there are other ways my sugar can drop too - so I got them.
I started out with 20 units at night, then it got up'd to 30 units at night, and then to 20 units in the morning and 30 at night ... I was suppose to call on Thursday to see if I should up it more over the weekend (which is going to be a yes) ... but I talked myself into calling on Friday because then I'd have Thrusday's numbers too, and I remembered Friday morning - she's not in on Friday's... soooooooooo ..... oops. I'll call her Monday morning while I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off...... yep....
I'm so sick though, I really worry about how I'm going to handle everything - or if my body is just going to give out on me. I've been in the doctors so much this month so far, had two ultrasounds, a CT scan, I have had so many viles of blood taken that I have lost count .. I have been in Urgent Care which involved me getting poked FOUR TIMES for an IV - and yet another time for a blood draw even though they took about 10 viles of blood while poking me for IVs.... (cry) ...
This is where they finally ended up getting my IV - in my hand - she put this thing over it so it wouldn't get messed up when I had to get up and pee ...
Here are two more IV tries.... in the crock of my elbow and in the middle of my arm...and of course the back of my right hand which spurted blood all over the place....
Don't......... I .............. looooook........... happy? (and tired?)
A week later, my arm is still bruised BADLY ..........
Yeah ....... luckily, my liver levels are down, but the various pain issues, are..... NOT .... UGH...
I have appointments with a few specialists right now to try to figure out what IS wrong.... My CFS is acting up badly, I've got hair falling out of my head, either I'm exhausted or have insomnia, never a happy medium... my arms have been hurting so bad that I can't lift them up above my shoulder (I'm lucky if I get them up that high) ... and now, thanks to the injections, my thighs hurt a lot :( But my blood sugar is FINALLY coming down - which is a-maz-ing... it's the first time I've actually seen a noticeable difference... I kept thinking the metformin wasn't working .... and it seems, I was right.
I remember freaking out while I was pregnant with Kaedyn seeing my sugars get over 200 for the first time... I've seen 550! LOL... seems to me .... I'd like to see those numbers.... ha!
Anyway - enough of this....









No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!