Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope that you're having a fantastic day today - if you are a Mommy anyway (or even a single Daddy who is in the position to have to be both parents.....)  .... 

I am awful proud of myself .....  I actually remembered to get Mother's Day cards for all the Mommies in my life .. well - all my Mommies.... course, I can't afford a lot of cards so I got mostly Grandmother ones (oO)

Got one for my Mom...

One for my Step-Mom....

One for my Mother-In-Law ....

One for my (ex) Mother-In-Law ....

and since my (ex) MIL's birthday is only days before Mother's Day - or on Mother's Day ...


Yep - I am proud of myself.  Equally as sad to know those are probably the last cards I'll be sending my (ex) MIL.   I called to get an update but never heard back. 

Anyway ........   I got cards from my younger three on Friday ....

This one is from Nathan


This one is from Kaedyn

This one is from Noah


I don't drink tea ...  but it's sweet :) 

When I took the babies to their dentist appointment - I got a gift from them.  "In honor of Mother's Day," the receptionist smiled.  "We have cupcakes for all our moms!"  Some sort of Chocolate Mocha, or Lemon Coconut.  I looooooooove Lemon.... love Chocolate too... but the Lemon was singing to me....  allergic to coconut ....  but nothing that a benedryl wouldn't cure........

And I enjoyed it......

And then Kaedyn came along and decided he needed to decide it wasn't poisoned.... 

He approved....   heehee....

In addition to that ..... the boys got me some flowers for my patio garden :)  Some Mini-Roses and Lavender .... 

Now.....  my Step-Mom gave me some super pretty Mini-Roses before they left for WI but I ended up losing them in a move (they got left behind - crying - ) ....  so I really wanted some because it makes me think of her.  Lilac makes me think of my mom - and I can't exactly have a lilac bush - and purple is our favorite color, so when I saw the Lavender - I thought ... that'll work.   Well ...  I ended up re-potting them both right away....  when I got home I took both plants out to the porch - in the sunlight - both say "full light" .... but quickly ........ noticed the lavender had just ...... well....... to put it nicely ...... phhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhht ....... wilted....  So I watered it thinking maybe it was too hot w/o any water..... didn't help..... then...  I decided to re-pot it right away - knowing how most plants are root bound or close when you get them...  so I pulled it out and ...... O....M.... G ...........

Root bound was an understatement....  

I couldn't even get my fingers in there to break any of it up......

Finally had to damage some of the roots in order to do what I needed to do - to break it up some.  Made me sad. 

Now....... it's sad.   It's still sad.   So I'm sad every time I look at it.  But - I'm taking good care of it.... hoping it'll perk back up soon....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!