Welcome to all of you who are stopping by from ICLW. Please GO HERE for a detailed over view of all the info I could possibly want to say in my welcome. A very short history - I suffer from secondary infertility .... I say suffer, even though we are done having kids, because it never truly leaves you. My oldest son was a twin. I got pregnant, had a miscarriage, and I found out a couple of weeks later that I still pregnant (this is when we discovered it had been twins) .. I then spent 5 years of unknown infertility, 4 more miscarriages and a lot of heartbreak... finally, with Clomid, I find out I'm pregnant again and it sticks. Only to have a bomb dropped on us a few weeks later. I heard.... rare genetic disorder and no quality of life and if the baby doesn't die before birth, it will after. But I believed, I hoped, I held on to all the positive info I could find. I might have been naive, I was a whole lot of scared, but I just wanted one moment... to hold him...alive. He was born 1lb 12 oz and his birth was traumatizing for me. But he lived. He proved them all wrong. He is ten now. My oldest is 16. I had five more miscarriages with in my marriage with their father. Ten total. A few of them crushed me to the core. But things happened, we changed, we got divorced. I dated, ended up having a miscarriage with an ex-boyfriend. Then I met my husband, and my world wasn't closed off anymore. We ended up having a miscarriage, then miraculously got pregnant again and the baby stuck. No Clomid, but I was on progesterone for the first twelve weeks. We had an amnio, he was genetically perfect. Nothing wrong. We celebrated, only to be told a few weeks later - there were - indeed - complications. We weren't told anything really negative, because they knew I wouldn't hear it. He was born almost full term at 3lbs 4oz. He has all sorts of medical issues going on and he will - we figure at this point - live with us forever, but we hope he proves us wrong, he is only 5. We had another miscarriage, and then went on Clomid cuz we knew we wanted one more child. Got pregnant two weeks after the miscarriage, I was on progesterone again, and had a happy, healthy baby boy who just turned 4. Even though we have been on birth control, and the hubby had a vasectomy that has gone unchecked, we've had two more miscarriages. 15 miscarriages total. I just found out my mom had endometriosis and it would explain a lot of what I've gone through with the pain and various other stuff. And that was the SHORT version!
So welcome!! I hope you enjoy your read here - I have some highlighted amusing posts on the side and other highlighted posts. Enjoy and leave me a note you were here!

Hello from ICLW! Wow...what a journey you have had. I am so sorry for all your losses! Sending you all the best.
ReplyDeleteICLW #3
I found your blog through ICLW, I forgot to sign up for it this month. Typical of me to forget. Sorry that you life is so difficult at present.
ReplyDeleteHi from ICLW! I so much appreciate your story. IF will always be a part of me no matter what happens as our ending to the story. Your story gives us all hope that we can survive this. Thanks so much!
ReplyDeleteHi from ICLW...you are def a strong woman!!!
ReplyDeleteHi from ICLW (#26),
ReplyDeleteI can't believe what you have been through. You are incredibly strong and inspiring. Wishing you all the best.