Saturday, December 26, 2015

Holiday Letter 2015




HAPPY HOLIDAYS 2015


Holiday greetings from our home to yours.  We hope that 2015 has given you some amazing memories along with some tale telling adventures, and ends with family embraces with love and laughter. 

So I haven’t sent out an update in a few years…  we’ve been really busy and just, every cent we have “spare” is put into the boys medical needs (especially the multiple hospital stays every year) or back into the household somehow.  Joys of being parents!  I usually end up spending $200 on sending Christmas Cards when I send updates because of extra postage and all that – so I thank you for coming to read our update (smiley face)

So onto the updates … 



Dennis & I …

Dennis and I had a really rough year in our marriage last year – 2014 was NOT our year, at all, maybe there is truth to that whole 7 year itch thing – but 2015 has been pretty amazing.  We have spent a lot of time working on our marriage and I like to believe, falling more in love.   I cannot imagine my life without him.   We truly came out the better because of what happened, not that I ever want to repeat that ever again.  However it pushed us to understand each other better, we have a better open line of communication, and I think we just appreciate each other a lot more. 

One thing, Dennis had a hard time understanding and dealing with how my health took a horrible downward turn back in the summer of 2013.  There was a long time I could barely get out of bed, the pain level went from being able to deal with on a daily basis, without a lot of complaining, being able to pretend to be “normal” to almost being intolerable a lot of days, I spend a lot of nights crying because of the pain.  My CFS/ME and Fibromyalgia just took over and I couldn’t shake it no matter what I try.  I started having seizures in March of 2014.  I don’t have them very often, but I have them often enough that I’m not supposed to drive.   My health isn’t much better now.  In addition to those two horrible illnesses, my carpal tunnel is causing me a lot of issues.  Recently I have started dropping things, like I can be holding something and it just falls to the floor.  So I don’t carry the baby very often, and I don’t carry important things much.  There is talk of my Diabetes possibly being type 1 because of how I don’t respond to the typical type 2 treatments very well, and so I’m going to be going to see an endocrinologist in a few months.  As if all that wasn’t bad enough, in December 2014, I also broke out in spots.  At first they thought it might be a second outbreak of Chicken Pox (I had it when I was 9 months old).  Then it was a “viral outbreak” …  but what it was is  I got a severe SEVERE case of psoriasis triggered by strep throat I had last winter.  My whole body broken out in red angry spots, and my skin is extremely painful.   I still have them, however they aren’t angry and red anymore, but I still have some severe skin pain from it, and itching…. The visual aspect of it is better, but the physical things – not at all.   Not to mention all my other health issues.

Dennis seems to be doing a little better but his back it is still really bad.  He spent years being told “Oh we’ll get it fixed!” and “You definitely need surgery!” to being turned down because it wasn’t “bad enough” by the surgeons.  You can only imagine how frustrating and heartbreaking this was.  It felt like someone was handing you a winning lottery ticket only to have it stolen away.  It has been really hard on him being jerked around every which way.  It was equally as hard, on me, watching him go through all his medical issues, and still is.  I know how he feels, feeling like the world is on his shoulders because I’m sick, being sick himself.  I have felt the same way with him, especially when he was in the wheelchair for a year and a half.  Right now, though, the family is really dependent on him. 

Dennis started school again.  He’s going for a Programing Degree.   He is having a bit of a hard time juggling the balance of home and school.  But he’s doing amazing, and I’m really proud of him. 

We just moved a few months ago!!  YAY!!  We had been with the same apartment complex for four years.  Our new home is MUCH MUCH needed.  That apartment was starting to get toxic for us.  There was lack of maintenance. Our dishwasher was constantly broken down, they just stopped coming to fix it.  I don’t think it was exactly installed properly.  The toilet from upstairs (our old apartment) was leaking into the ceiling of our bathroom.  If the toilet over flowed, it would fill the light above our toilet with water, and then leak out of that … and pour down into our bathroom.  Then there was a bubble that was forming in the ceiling by the light, and we pointed it out last time they had come in to check smoke detectors and all that – and she said “Oh I’ll get a work order for that right away” and never heard anything about it.  There was a constant cockroach infestation there.  We got it all cleared out and then after the upstairs neighbors that moved out – the cockroaches came pouring out of their apartment into our downstairs neighbor’s apartment and trickled into our apartment, nothing was done.    Over a year ago, during a bad storm, there was a tree that fell in the advertised “amazing playground” which was a swing set, and a wooden/metal *fort* type thing.  The tree fell on the fence and part of the swings.  Instead of making that a priority to fix, they caution taped it off (the whole playground) and expected the kids not to go in there.  It was more important to pay for and put up a huge fence around the garbage areas, pour cement there too, and created a closed off garbage area – then to fix the playground.  Eventually the kids just took down the tape and started playing in there again (not my kids, but ya know).  There is a lot more …  but I’ll just stop there.  Spare you the boredom. 

Our new home is amazing and we are all sooooooo much happier here.   We’ll leave it at that. 



Kale, Shila, Clairah & Elly
Our family has certainly grown over the last year.  We gained a son, a daughter, and two grandbabies.  I always wanted to adopt a child.  Who knew I’d adopt an adult? 

Kale is the son of the first friend I made after moving to WA.  She and I grew close fast.  When I met Kale, we had an instant connection.  He started calling me “Auntie” right away, and his Mom told me that was a pretty big compliment because he doesn’t call anyone family like that.   Long story short, my friend, Kale’s “bio-mom” … died almost 4 years ago.  The summer of 2014 I got a message over Facebook asking if we knew of someplace that him and his girlfriend could sleep for a night or two, and maybe take shower.  I asked why?  Found out they had been homeless for several months.  Within an hour – Dennis was walking in the door with them.   It was supposed to be a temporary thing, but has become a permanent thing.  They have truly integrated with our kids.  We call Kale our oldest son now.  (or adopted son – for those who don’t know him but know my other kids – that explains what happened.)  In late December, early January, I realized Shila was pregnant – I’m not sure if I figured it out before them, or not, but I had a dream, and did some math in my head, and based on her change of *symptoms* and the fact she was eating us out of house and home, I didn’t need the positive pregnancy tests we got a few days later, but that sure confirmed it.

Now, Shila has a daughter from a previous relationship.  Clairah Mae who is almost 2 ½ years old.  Her birthday is in June, just a few days after mine, and a few days before Alana’s! She is an amazing little girl and it has been a pleasure to watch her grow over the last year.   We are Nonna & Poppy!  I love nothing more than her running up to me yelling “Nonna” and demanding hugs and kisses.   And Poppy loves to give her cookies!

So when Shila got pregnant – I hoped it would be a girl, with all the boys around – need some pink in my life!  I said I thought it was a boy because it always seems to be the opposite of what I *think* it is.  So I said boy – just to cover that base!  LOL.  So when we found out it was a girl, I literally almost cried.  I was there, in the room, for the ultrasound.  I was so excited, both Shi and I were.  They quickly settled on the name Ellyanne Rae ….  Her theme Elephants – which they picked out before her name, or before knowing she would be a girl.  They thought Elly was cute (Elly the Elephant) …  Anne is after his bio-Mom (her middle name was Ann, I told them my favorite spelling of Ann was with an E at the end, because of my love for Anne of Green Gables, Kale likes it too) … and Rae is after me (my middle name).  One of my girlfriends asked me one day if Anne and Rae was after me, I said might as well be.  HA HA … 

Kale and Shila are learning what it’s like to be truly supported, unconditional love, and having a family – as that’s not something they have truly had before (or at least not very often).  They both come from very verbally, emotionally, and physically abusive backgrounds.  But Dennis and I both hope to set a good example for both of them, on how a family should be, and how a married couple should be.  Marriage isn’t easy, it’s a lot of work.  A lot of compromise. They both have great examples with in their families, and certain people do step up and are supportive, but a lot of what they grew up knowing was being jerked around and used as pawns in other people’s lives.   


Elly was born on August 4th  at 12:39 PM, weighing 6lbs 8oz and was 19 inches… and she has been such a gift to us.  She’s a Daddy’s girl, one hundred thousand percent.  She’s also a Nonna’s girl… and I love every minute of it.  And we’re thrilled and honored to be part of her life, part of all their lives. 

Although something happened in early October and Shila’s suffering severe Postpartum Depression … among other things.  She ended up being arrested and a protective order was placed against her for Elly, Kale and Calahan – for two years, because they were all involved in what happened that day.   We have all tried our best to be super supportive of her, and she attended some anger management classes (passed those at this point) and she’s doing parenting classes (CPS was also involved and has closed their case on it).  She’s also on meds for her Postpartum now.  A lot of people don’t understand PPD, it’s a lot different than regular depression.  I didn’t even realize I had it until Kaedyn was 6 months old and I snapped out of it.  It’s an evil thing.  Sadly I was only starting to question it when the incident happened, and realized for sure she had it after.  It took that incident to realize she for sure had it.  We’ll be happy when she can come back home, which hopefully will be early in the new year. 


Onto something a little more positive….  Elly is amazing.  She is a happy, fat little girl.  She’s super easy and always has been.  She rarely cries, unless she’s hungry or needs a diaper change.  She gets crabby from time to time but usually because she has a stuck burp.  She smiles – A LOT, which we all love.  She’s got a great little belly laugh, and when you get her on a roll, it’s so uplifting …  She’s rolling over to her side, and just a few days ago rolled from her back to belly.  She loves it when I sing and have her do the motions to “Head, Shoulders, Knees & Toes” and to “skidamarink a dink a dink”…  we do a few others songs too but those are her favorites.   She likes to tell me stories … and I could listen to her coo all day.   She loves lights and colors, of course.  And already has a favorite cartoon which is Rainbow Horse from Baby First.  She’s going to love ponies I think.  And has already shown an affection for the color pink, much to her Daddy’s horror. 


Clariah is an amazing little two year old.  When she first started coming over for visitations she was very shy, spent a lot of time crying and clinging to Shila.  But she started to get more comfortable around us – and soon enough she was seeking us out.  We’re hoping to help Shila successfully co-parent with her other family.  So Clairah has gone from barely talking when we met her, to talking up a STORM now.  The amount of words she has now is amazing.  She’s recently starting to use the potty!  She loves her baby dolls, and Hello Kitty is a favorite, along with Minnie Mouse and Doc McStuffins, those are her three greatest loves at the moment.  She loves to be read to and she likes to create Nonna some pictures on her (my) phone (I have a drawing app she loves.)   She’s an amazing little girl and we’re so happy to be her grandparents!!  Cannot wait until her and Shila return.  I can’t give her big Nonna squeezes over a monitor. 



Calahan & Alana

It’s hard to believe that I have an almost 20 year old, that I gave birth to.  Not too much going on with Calahan and Alana this past year.  Alana has been working at Safeway for over a year now.  She still lives at home with her parents, but the plan is for her to move in shortly into the new year.  (From my understanding.) Other than that, they see each other when they can.  They set a date for the wedding, but they are still talking about what kind of wedding they want – if they want a small wedding, if they just want to get married at the court house and have a reception of sorts. 

Calahan is trying to meet some of his own life goals still.  College, License, finding a Job and figuring what he really wants to do with his life career wise.  He isn’t sure what he “wants to be when he grows up” as he has several interests.  Cars mechanics or design, drawing, game design,  and his huge love of whales.  He’s not sure what he wants to settle down and really focus on right now.  He’s actively looking for a job but focusing on school.  He is also helping me out a lot around the house when I need help with cleaning and the kids.  Which I’m really thankful for.  Sometimes, because of all my medical stuff, I have a hard time even moving without horrible pain.  But I also make sure that he knows that he can do what he wants and needs to, and he’s never tethered to home either.  

I am proud of him for working on over-coming his learning disabilities and pushing past them, along with his anxiety and PTSD from past events.  He really enjoys the college classes, the set up is so much easier for him, he says.   He’s so smart.  We’re just waiting for that to come pouring out.   

Most of all, I think the biggest thing he’s learned this year…. he loves being an Uncle. 



Noah

He will be 14 in February – WOW right?   This is the same boy that I was told while I was pregnant with him that he would die – there was no chance for his survival because of his rare genetic disorder, Mosaic Trisomy 16.  And he’s almost 14!!  Watching this young man (crying, I can’t call him my baby anymore!) learn and discover things that interest him is amazing. 

Learning has proven to be really hard for Noah.  He is not only battling a lot of different learning disabilities, like dyslexia (words and numbers can be jumbled, mixed up, upside down, backwards) – which made learning to read really hard, but once there wasn’t so much pressure on him – he picked it up and is reading chapter books now.  To put this is perspective, he wasn’t reading well at the end of 3rd grade when I pulled him out of school, it’s been 3 years.  I’m really proud of his reading now!) , dysgraphia (hard time getting things from his brain out through his hand in writing without talking it out to write, Calahan has this learning disability also)…  Noah also has ADD we found out this year (will be completely unmediated for it, it’s not as severe as Cal’s ADHD was) and we also found out that he has Asperger’s (a higher functioning form of Autism, which I have always thought maybe he had.) …  Math has been a REALLY REALLY hard subject for him in the past, and over the past year we’ve found a system for him – and it has been amazing because now he really really enjoys Math.  In fact it’s one of his more favorite subjects, behind Science!  His other favorite things to learn about right now is Astronomy and Space, and Dinosaurs.   He loves doing Science experiments.  So that’s always fun. 

Noah is really interested in Minecraft, Doctor Who (his favorite Doctor is 10) …. He loves Power Rangers and Pokémon.  He does and always lives up to his name……  if he could have every animal he finds, he would.   He loves Legos and has recently gotten into building stuff with K’nex ..  He also loves chatting with his best friend Ivy!   His favorite character is Toothless (black dragon) from How to Train Your Dragon.

We also found out this year that he is showing signs of his kidney’s getting worse.  In 2007 he was in kidney failure, and although they healed up enough … they have always and always will be sick.  He has been stable for five years. He’s spilling protein in his urine now, and he’s got more blood in his urine (on good days) …  along with his blood pressure increasing to the point where he could be considered having high blood pressure.  We aren’t worried yet – and when I say WE – I mean the doctor is trying to make me feel not so worried and it doesn’t work.  He also has some unusual pressure in his eyes, which could be pointing to glaucoma …  and he has a skin disorder that could be a sigh of Type 1 Diabetes looming.   There is just a lot going on.  Noah takes it all in stride though, he really really has severe anxiety with doctors, to the point where I can’t tell him he has an appointment until as close to the appointment as I can (night before or day of) … so it’s hard.  And it always will be.  He has learned to .. managed himself .. during blood work.  A lot of the time, he is amazing with it.  DB has really helped him deal with this.  Daddy is amazing!

(photo from December 2014)

Jessa

She turned 11 this year in August!  It’s so hard to believe that when Dennis and I met, she wasn’t even two years old!!  It’s also hard to believe that I still haven’t met her and Dennis hasn’t seen her since she was 18 months old (physically able to touch her) and only a few months after that the video calls and such stopped because we were involved.  Regardless of how all that happens, Jessa seems to be doing amazingly well.  I may not agree with how her mom is handling the situation, but I know that her mom is doing what she thinks is best. 

With that said, there was recently some communication with DB where I guess Jessa was curious why she had a different last name.  She thought it was just a made up name.  Her mom explained how DB is her Dad and says Jessa is angry because he “picked” having another family over her.  Which isn’t the case at all, but that’s not how her Mom sees it.   DB has always tried to have contact with Jessa, but contact was always shot down.  Now – he’s being told that IF Jessa wants contact with him, her mom will set it up, but Jessa wants nothing to do with DB (which broke his heart.)  

In my opinion, the situation could be handled and explained completely differently.  There could be an encouragement to get to know DB from that side, but they don’t really want her to want to know him so they are happy with the fact that she is angry and that will probably be encouraged.  On a psychological factor, as long as he’s not a threat to have to share her, the better for them.   All we can hope is that at some point, Jessa gives him a chance.  My opinion, however, doesn’t matter.  It’s between DB and her Mom.  As it should be.  Sadly, it’s more like between him, her mom – and her step-dad, he won’t stay out of it. 

Don’t know much else about her life right now, there are no updates, no pictures other than what we get from a third party occasionally.  Or on a rare rare rare occasion, her mom.   We know she’s doing “well” in school and that she’s involved in Girl Scouts.  That’s pretty much it.  Sadly…  


Nathan
Nathan is 8 now!  He’ll be turning 9 in April.  He has had a really rough year or two. 

He has had to have several surgeries – he’s averaging about two surgeries a year, along with two or more hospital stays a year.  Last year on June 24, 2014 … Nathan had a major surgery (to us) …  He had a feeding tube placed because his weight gain just wasn’t adequate ….  It was a hard decision to come to because we had been fighting against a feeding tube – basically – all his life.  But it was a few things that they said to me shortly before the surgery, and that was “help is immune system” and “if he’s not getting enough nutrients….”   (Nathan has enough brain malformations with his Dandy Walker and his Polymicrogyria) …   so we felt it was important to do it, and try it.  (If they had said that to me long ago, to where it clicked – then I would have done it years ago!  But it was always just approached as a weight gain thing, and in the kids with RSS – I hadn’t seen much improvement with the G-tube weight wise) …

Nathan gained weight, and he gained it quickly – but it wasn’t healthy weight, at least not for him.  He was 30lbs (at age 7) at the beginning of the surgery.  He gained up to over 50 lbs in about 6 months and had a lot of subcutaneous fat, which wasn’t good.  (Could lead to a lot of other medical stuff in children like him)


In May we had a severe scare with Nathan’s health.   Nathan got an infection in his boy bits, and he started some antibiotics.  Shortly after he started the meds, he started throwing up, running a temp that went up to 106.  Not even kidding on that.  106.  Scared the crap out of us.  So we ended up in the ER.  After a few hours in the ER, we were taken by ambulance, lights and sirens, to Seattle Children’s Hospital.  He was in kidney failure, had severe sepsis…  and was scaring the crap out of us.  Well he got into the hospital, and it took a couple of days, but on Mother’s Day I had managed to get him up and walking the halls, and he was getting better!  At that point they decided to put him back on the original antibiotic because it worked “best” for the type of infection he was fighting.  We thought we’d be going home the following day.  And then BAM!  He was throwing up, fever spiked again, and he was septic again.  Suddenly, we were moved from our room to the ICU.  Nathan was hooked up with several IVs, he ended up with a PICC line, he had to have a catheter …  there were so many tubes and wires coming out of his tiny little body, he had 3 IVs at one point …  Our little boy was dying – even the staff was scared for him.  Luckily though, our little Super Nathan is a major fighter.  We were in the ICU for several days but once he was down to one regular IV, got his PICC line removed, the cath out….  And he had perked up, we got moved to a regular room and we were there for a few more days before we got to come home.  All of that – it’s suspected – was a result to an allergic reaction to the antibiotic he was put on.  It’s the second medication we’ve discovered he’s allergic to.  This is not a normal “allergic” reaction – so there is still questions on if that was the issue or not, but it was a huge coincidence.  When they decided to put him back on that antibiotic I voiced my concerns, but they were shot down because “that’s not an allergic reaction” …  but both times he had it, he went septic within a few hours.  Luckily, we still have our boy! 

A little over a year ago, he was in the hospital again – that time it was a 104 temp, he was throwing up, various other symptoms, his skin over his whole body was red …  they couldn’t figure out why he was so sick.  We had thought he had gotten a staph infection around his g-tube.  So he had been on antibiotics for that, but it wasn’t clearing up.  That time, he – it turned out – didn’t have a staph infection (which DB had just gotten such so we thought somehow – even though we were taking precautions not to spread it – it spread to Nathan) …  but blood cultures showed had a strep infection in his blood and the time he spent in the hospital with the red skin and 104-105 temp, that time, was most likely Scarlet Fever. 

I mean, this poor kid just can’t seem to win! 

We applied for Make a Wish this year.  We were encouraged by their doctor to do so, he thought they would have “no problem” being accepted.  However, there is so little supporting information on both their (Noah & Nathan’s) medical issues, that they weren’t accepted.  I understand that Make A Wish is for kids who are terminal – who struggle with so many medical issues.  Noah wasn’t supposed to live at all, and we live with the fact that anything can go wrong at any time.  His MT16 could be in ANY organ, and could cause that organ to up and fail one day.  To put it in a little bit of perspective.  Noah has 0% of the MT16 in his blood.  His skin has about 30% MT16 cells.  The placenta was 100% MT16, and failed at 33 week gestation, which was one major factor as to why he was born when he was.  Any organ in his body could have a higher % of the MT16 and like the placenta, could get tired and just give up… and there is nothing we can do about it.  We’re pretty sure his kidney (kidneys) are such case.  He has almost died (literally told he was a day or two from death’s door) once.   With Nathan, there isn’t enough known about all his disorders.  Nathan has almost died a few times.  They both have extreme fears of doctors and hospitals now.  (White Coat Syndrome) and we have to struggle with their medical issues and meeting all their needs with meds, appointments, hospital stays, surgeries, out of pocket costs, etc and so on.  No kid should have to go through what my kids do.  It would be nice if there was a program out there like Make A Wish that gave kids like mine a chance to escape their medical issues for a week.  To go to Disney World or whatever.  The boys really want that.  We won’t be able to do it.  Sometimes I just wish that they could get that break from all this medical crap. 



In other news – Nathan decided to go back to public school this year after we moved.  He was pulled out of school because he was getting so sick every other day – his body couldn’t handle the germs.  Plus his IEP wasn’t being met, and we weren’t being listened to.  Nathan had so much anxiety about going to school that he was throwing up at the thought of going to school because he was crying so much and so fearful.  Remember – Nathan barely talks, he’s super hard to understand, and he couldn’t tell us what was wrong other than his teacher was *mean* …  It got to the point where it was more damaging to him so we pulled him out to homeschool him, and did so for about a year.  When Kaedyn changed schools after we moved, he expressed interest into going back to school.  So we got it set up to do so.  So far he loves it.  He cries a bit in the morning saying he’s sick and doesn’t want to go but once he gets there he’s excited and happy.  So far this school is listening to us and following his IEP. 

He may not be able to communicate – but he’s grade level reading and all his work, so that’s always been a huge plus!!  He’s always really popular with the kids, and girls end up fawning over him.   He loves Dinosaurs, Mario, Zelda ..  he loves to watch videos on YouTube.  He likes Legos, likes to play Legos with his brothers.  A lot of the time, Nathan separates himself and just wants to be by himself, and that is mostly his Autism.  He is extremely sensory seeking.  He eats all the time, and has made some amazing strides this year, like he is not a sauce guy – he doesn’t like any kind of sauce or dip or anything like that.  This year he asked for GRAVY at Thanksgiving, and he proceeded to EAT IT and said “YUM!” and continued to eat it.  That is HUGE!!  And then he (at Ashley’s baby shower) dipped his carrots (which he normally eats plain) into ranch and eat it!  That’s HUGE HUGE HUGE for him!   He’s grown from a size 4T when he got his G-Tube a year and a half ago, to a size 6!!   He can wear normal pants now, I don’t have to go searching high and low for pants in the right length with a super small waist.   And he looooves to read!!

DB and I both have this huge fear of losing Nathan.  Not only because of almost losing him several times, but just watching him struggle with everything the way he does.   We have a fear of losing Noah too.  Both are extremely probably likely hoods.  However, I have already witnessed miracles, and fully believe I will continue to.

The other huge thing that happened recently is that his diagnosis of Russell Silver Syndrome has been taken away.  His Genetics doctor no longer feels that it *fits*…   All of his, and I mean ALL, genetics testing has come back perfectly normal.  There is zero reason – genetically – for all of his medical issues.  None.  So now he has this slew of medical issues and we’re at a loss again as to WHY? ….. 


Kaedyn holding his little cousin Harley Quinn (December 12, 2015) 


Kaedyn

Bubba is 7 now.  I cannot even start to talk about Kaedyn without being that super proud braggy Mom saying how amazingly SMART he is.  He truly amazes us.  They did an evaluation him – just to see where he is compared to where they expect him to be at his age.  He was above average on all levels.  On some things – really advanced.  I know that sounds like I’m just being all “my kid is better than your kid” but that’s not my intention.  We are just truly THAT proud of him.  He’s the first of our kids who hasn’t had major struggles in school.   Calahan struggled badly because of his learning disabilities.  Noah has his developmental delays with learning disabilities on top of that.  Nathan cannot communicate, however he is pretty smart himself.  He’s at grade level.  Kaedyn seems to be advanced though, and that excites me to no end. 

Kaedyn has a favorite past time, and that’s walking around and giving us pop quizzes in mostly math.   “What is one billion plus ten?” …  he loves to do math and he loves reading.  He puts together puzzles like they are almost nothing. 

I will stop bragging now.  He has a lot of social anxiety, but that’s all getting better.  He’s starting to come out of his shell more and more, and open up to new situations.  Which I am thrilled about because I don’t want him to have the social anxiety I do.  So I’m happy he’s coming out of that, even if it’s a little bit.  He didn’t want to switch schools, and we showed him the new school…  he said he’d switch.   He cried his last day at his old school.  He wouldn’t say one word when we went into his new school.  But from my understanding, now, he’s top of his class.  He’s constantly coming home with “prizes” for his good behavior.  Just wish the good behavior would carry over to home!  Ha!



Kaedyn loves puzzles, and anything that has to do with art.   He also loves to read.  He loves his Mommy a ton.  Heehee….  He is such a Mommy’s boy.  He looks like me, he acts like me … he’s my clone.  He steals my blankets all the time.  Seriously, I have to fight with him to get my own blanket.  Mine are always better than his.  Oh and he has a nose or candy like a blood hound.  It’s crazy.  No hiding spot is safe!  Most of all – he is extremely protective of his brother.  They are inseparable.  It’s hardest on him when Nathan is in the hospital, not only is his partner in crime gone, but so am I. 

We did have a major scare with Kaedyn earlier this year, too.  We had some left over Boyscout Popcorn, Kaedyn had grabbed a bag started to eat it.  He comes into the room and he says to me “Mommy, my mouth feels funny” and his lips were swollen.  Originally I freaked out because I thought one of his brothers hit him or something and his lips swelled up from that.  I was asking who hit him, he said no one.  Did you fall? No.  Then how?  He says “I ate this nut in the popcorn and this happened” and he was swelling up more and more.  I screamed for DB and scooped him up…  grabbed the popcorn bag, it was Cashews.  Then we threw him in the van and ran off to the ER.  Yep.   He got a load of benedryl, a shot of Epinephrine, IV… and yeah.  He was a scared little boy.  Fast forward through a ton of allergy testing, and we find out that not only does he look and act like me, but he has a slew of allergies too – just.like.me. 

He also has some eye issues.  His eyesight is really bad in his left eye, his right eye is pretty good though.  His left though, it’s gotten worse through the last year or two, but I think it’s finally starting to improve.   :: crossing fingers ::


Regardless….  It’s been a year for sure.  We are looking forward to 2016, and hope it is everything we want it to be.  We hope it’s everything that you want it to be.      

Here are some family photos from this year.... 

Our Family at the beginning of the year........ 

Our Family Easter 2015 (minus Alana and Clairah, Shila has Elly in the belly) 

Noah, Nathan and Kaedyn in their Boyscouts uniforms December 2015

Our Family December 2015 - minus Shila, Alana & Clairah 

Nine years of Annissa & DB - Happy 9th Anniversary 

Our Family - end of the year 2015 ... 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!