Friday, February 26, 2010

The Intended Update......

So I totally intended to update yesterday - and Nathan got sick.  I was typing and in-between thoughts about what I was going to write, he was getting sick, so I didn't get my update even started really.

So...  first off I should totally announce that I needed a little "pick me up" this past week and told my wonderful hubby ...  I asked him if he would pick up a couple of highlighting kits for me.  I told him he could pick the colors, and was hoping he didn't come home with blue and pink.  He came home with exactly what I was thinking, which was awesome ...  there is a reason we are together :)   ...  so he got a blonde highlighting kit and reddish hair dye.  I looked at the hair dye and said "that wasn't exactly what I had in mind" and informed him with my long thick hair I'd need another box to dye it, and he told me that he was thinking I could just still use it as highlights - kept saying "it's the same chemicals" LOL...   so I did just that...
and I am totally disappointed that you can't even tell!  LOL...... I mean you can close up ... 
I naturally have blonde and red highlights though ...  however, I am so disappointed that my hair has turned into this dark boring brown though, that I just wanted a little pick me up.

Anyway ... on top of all that, Dennis is starting school again.   He's going to be working towards his computer degree again.  He loved culinary school but with his extreme allergy to lobster and the extreme cost it was putting on us for him to just get back and forth to class being it 2 hour away, we just sorta reached a breaking point.  Dennis loved ever moment of culinary school, and he learned a lot.  He could go work in a restaurant and work his way up, but having such a severe allergy that he has to lobster, he just couldn't see the dream of that truly becoming a reality for him.  But I'm really proud of him for doing what he has.

We've also made a choice that we've been battling for awhile, hemming and hawing over, going back and forth and all that - but we've decided that we're going to be moving.  Things aren't working for us here, and it's not an easy choice.  Dennis' family is in North Carolina, along with one of my best friends.  My family is in Washington, along with (when she gets back out there) one of my best friends.  And here, in Wisconsin, I have some Aunts and Uncles, and one of my best friends lives a few hours away.  I really miss not having my mom around and going to her & my Stepdad's place for Christmas and Thanksgiving and watching them really enjoy their grandkids.... my Dad & Stepmom have never really gotten to enjoy their grandkids... because my kids are their ONLY grandkids...  and even though Dennis' parents have other grandkids, I know that they want to spend time with them too.  So we debated for months and months.  Cost of living is SO HIGH out in Washington and we'd be able to afford North Carolina ...  but the thing that got us the most is the fact that there are TONS of job opportunities in WA vs here or NC...  So we decided that we'll be moving to WA.  Dennis has started to apply for jobs and we're starting the process of trying to figure out what all we're going to take, give away, and sell....  posted a bunch of bigger stuff on craigs list and am going to be working through the clothes.

And this is where I'll have to end things today ...

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the move. I hope it will not be too stressful!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!