Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Accident Prone?


Are we accident prone?

I wonder cuz, first there is a car accident with most the family, and then Cal - who wasn't in the car accident - has a pretty good accident on his bike!

Tuesday (the 15th) he decided to ride his bike in the rain - after being told several times NOT to by both Dennis and I .... and he kept saying "I'll be fine" ... "don't worry" ... etc and so on.  He's 15...

HE KNOWS IT ALL!!!

So he leaves for school and off he goes.... soon after he leaves, I hear it POURING RAIN ... nice...  and right before he left, I said "Take some extra clothes with you incase you get wet on the way to school"

To which I got the reply.....

(let's say it together)

"Don't worry Mom! I'll be fine!"

Yeah.... whatever, you are the one who gets to walk around in wet clothes then.

So ..... we go through the day, comes time for him to come home and ... he comes in soaking wet (cuz it's still raining) .... and he doesn't look so good, and right away he goes ...

"I had an accident"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHAT?!!?!?

Yep, on the way to school - probably the same time I heard it start down pouring, his bike hydroplaned and went out from under him!  He got a gash out of his hand, road rash on his elbow... and this HUGE sore road rash on his hip/thigh ...

I actually had to take him into Urgent Care because his hip looked really bad, looked infected, but I was told that I was doing everything right and it looked really good by the DR.  So ...  guess I'm just paranoid.  LOL...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!