Sunday, May 15, 2011

Wooden Park of Wonderful!

A couple years ago, when I had flown out to WA to get the older two boys when my mom had brought them to WA for the summer (back in 2006) ...  we visited this awesome park!!   It was this wooden park of wonderful, both Calahan and Noah had such a fun time at it.  So we went over to my mom's for a grill out yesterday and in the afternoon - laundry was still going - the kids were somewhere between wanting to play more and tired... so I asked mom to show me where the park was again, turned out - it was right next the fairground and we'd literally passed it several times and not seen it (to be fair, you had to turn by the fairgrounds and we'd always gone straight past the fairground) ...  We've been here for a little over a year now, and it's funny.  I had asked about it a few times, but the info never engaged I guess.

So Mom, Dennis and I packed up in the van with all the kids and headed over .... here is the park of wonderful ....
You can see little man Nathan there with Daddy close behind....  They had such a BLAST.  A complete blast there.

Kaedyn loved to be driving the boat ...

There was also the Firetruck...

And the Tracker ...

There are all sorts of terrains and tunnels that are almost like mazes.. and walkways...  even some rope bridges...
I can't tell you how much the terrains and stuff is needed with our guys!!  Next time we are there - I'm getting a picture and/or video of Nathan going down the fireman pole ... because let me tell you, I had a heart-attack! HA!  He's sooooooo little and he does it like a pro ... but I have to be honest, it gave me a heart-attack when I saw him do it the first time.  But the terrains and the different ways to different things... it helps the kids with physical therapy ... it's especially good for Noah with his muscle tone issues.

Then there is the slides... they especially likes the curly one...
There are even great swings!!
Kaedyn would find little places to sit ...
And there are these interesting musical areas too....  
The park is so neat and there are tons of things to do.  Noah was running around so much I only got a couple pictures of him...

When we left, Nathan broke into tears and kept pointing to the park.  He didn't want to leave...  None of the kids did but ... I promised, we'd go back soon :) I was sad to see the graffiti though and the swear words in permanent marker :(  But it was great to be able to go back, and share with the little ones who obviously enjoyed it tremendously ..

12 comments:

  1. Handsome boys! I am a new fan from Bloggy Moms.

    http://www.ourbananamoments.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ourbananamoments

    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute photos! Those are such neat swings, I haven't seen those before!

    Returning the follow from the blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome park!!!! Thanks for dropping by Always Just A Mom!!! Returning the follow :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute kids! Following you back, thanks for visiting my blog!

    http://moonnstarmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Following you from the Blog Hop til You Drop Blog Hop!:0) Hope you visit me and return the follow!:0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Parks! The greatest place to take our kids. I am following you back. I lived in WA when I was a kid they really have awesome parks up there. Have a great day!
    -Liz
    http://www.frugalfamilytree.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such handsome boys! Love the pics.

    Hi! I'm a new follower on GFC.

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI, following from the bog hop. read several of your posts! Have a great day! www.apronsandapples.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. There was one of these in Chattanooga, TN! I had to do a double take to make sure it wasn't the same one. Thanks for stopping by Mangoes and Chutney for comment hour last week (yes, I am a little late making my rounds)! Hope to see you back again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi ! :) You blog is just awesome! You got me hooked with all those pictures in that park! I cannot wait till my little one is old enough to romp through play grounds and park like them!

    From the Bloggy Moms! :)
    http://sophieandmomma.blogspot.com

    :) Thanks for friending me on Bloggy moms

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! Following you from the Blog Hop til You Drop Blog Hop!

    Hope that you will stop and visit me too :-)

    DebsHere
    http://debshere.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for following me, I'm now your follower too! I love this park, I actually live only about 20 min away from it. You've made me want to go there again. :)

    And it goes both ways. . . I love having girls but I'm jealous of your boys, I'm dying to have a boy too.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!