Thursday, November 22, 2012

30 Days of Thanks ...


So the month of November - I am going to express thanks every day.   Not just until Thanksgiving - but the whole month.

DAY 1: I am thankful for my husband who keeps me laughing among the chaos and medical stuff.
 

DAY 2: I am thankful for my kids, fought hard for them and love them dearly despite the fact that they are making my hair turn gray ...
 

DAY 3: I am thankful for the internet so I can educate myself about my children's various and vast medical issues.... and also so I can share their stories ... because I think that it's important to share our journey so others can learn about it....

DAY 4: I am thankful for the peace and someone quite that I have right now while it's just me and Nathan here. I don't know if I should go with my plan and get stuff done, or curl up on the couch and read! But I do need to finish taking down the Halloween stuff since I started that.

DAY 5: I am thankful for all the funny crap you can find on Facebook - cuz - it is something that causes laughter in my life, and laughter is a wonderful medicine.  

DAY 6:  I am thankful for the right to vote!  And today - I exercised that right! 

DAY 7:  I am thankful the election is OVER and all the political ads can VANISH.  I am equally thankful for the right to express my opinion.  

DAY 8: I am thankful for my parents...  all four of them.  I love them all.  I especially appreciate all the help my mom has given us.  If it weren't for her, I don't know where we'd be right now.  

DAY 9: I am thankful for every breath I take.  Finding out you have a congenital heart defect that is getting worse, along with the diabetes, and everything else going on .....  I am thankful that I am someone who can get up everyday and keep going on - despite the pain.

DAY 10:  I am thankful for the full pantry of food, the full freezer and fridge.  It's nice looking at it and not feeling like we have to worry about food.  

DAY 11: I am thankful that there are those who are willing to give themselves to fight for our rights, our freedom, for what is right and for life itself.  I am thankful for them everyday ...  I am surrounded by many who have served.    My husband, my Dad, my Step-Dad, a couple cousins, many uncles, my grandparents, and friends.  

DAY 12: I am thankful to have the right to have my own opinion and to express it. 

DAY 13:  I am thankful to be living where I am, where I can not only see the beauty that is this area but also to have access to the wonderful doctors that we do.  

DAY 14:  I am thankful for the few stolen moments with my book today.  

DAY 15:  I am thankful for all of the kid's medical teams ..  Nathan got his hearing aids today and watching my son hear better was amazing.  Watching him get overwhelmed after a little while, not so fun - but when he sat there saying WOW over and over - it was priceless.  

DAY 16:  I am thankful for my wonderful friends.  Especially the few who keep me sane and let me vent to them when ever I need to.  They know who they are :)  

DAY 17:  I am thankful for my camera - NOW - if I could find it - I would sing hallelujah!  

DAY 18: HALLELUJAH!!!  My husband is my HERO ....... my camera mysteriously showed up on the kitchen table.  There for - I guess he found it.  HA HA ....   But I am VERY thankful to have it back!  YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!! 

DAY 19:  I'm still thankful for my camera...  ha ha ha ha.   I am also thankful for having such an amazing oldest son who helps out so much picking up slack that Dennis can't do right now and I can't seem to get to.  I don't know what I would do without him.  

DAY 20:  I am thankful for the POS car we have right now - it gets us from A to B and C and D and E and back to A ....  It's falling apart at the seams - but we can't afford to get a new vehicle right now so ...... I'm thankful we have something.   

DAY 21: I am thankful to be able to display holiday cheer and try to kill my husband the Grinch with threats of holiday music prior to Thanksgiving ....  and I'm thankful....... super thankful.... that my husband cooks and I do not have to!  HA HA ....   

DAY 22:  I am thankful to be living by my mom - and having family to spend the holiday's with.  It's something I missed for years.  I love my family. 

I hope that EVERYONE has a fantastic family & friend filled Thanksgiving ....  and you take a moment or two to remember all the things you are thankful for.   



(these were added each day after I posted on Thanksgiving!) 


DAY 23:  I am thankful that I survived "Black Thursday" last night when we went to Walmart!
(my view from last night getting an X-Box 360 game)


DAY 24:  I am thankful that my husband can keep me laughing .... it keeps me sane. 

1 comment:

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!