Today is Thanksgiving ... My day began at midnight when I turned off the tv to go to sleep ... and with in a few moments of my drifting off .... I shot up in my bed ... and noticed Nathan standing in my doorway. He hadn't said anything (that I know of) ... or made any noise.... I guess my Mommy Radar just went off.....
Funny story from last night though .... Nathan had originally curled up in our bedroom chair and fell asleep. Kaedyn was searching and searching for him and was going "where's Nathan?" so I found him and had to tell Kaedyn to NOT WAKE HIM UP ... lol.... I had Cal move him to his bed though. I told Kaedyn he needed to go bed too - it's bedtime - and he told me no, he was going to sleep "out here" on the loveseat in the living room ... I told him no... but he doesn't listen. He grabbed his pillow and blanket and brought them out into the living room and proceeded to lay on the couch. A few minutes later I turned around and looked at him - and he was asleep.
Fast forward a few hours - and I was throwing one of Marnie's toys to Dennis and into the kitchen - from the living room .... but I ended up laughing my fool head off ... cuz I ended up hitting Dennis in the head with her faceless cat ...... faceless cuz she chewed off the face.... and it just amused me. Well, my laughter ended up waking Kaedyn up a little. Kaedyn started to search for his cup and he ended up grabbing Nathan's bird flashlight thing that tweets ... so everytime you open up it's beak for the light, it tweets ... anyway - he thought it was his cup and he was searching - mostly sleeping - for the spout of the cup to get more to drink.... and he kept sucking on various parts of this bird while it's tweeting away .... I started laughing SO HARD that my stomach muscles were hurting - I guess I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. So I took the bird away and handed him his cup the right way so all he had to do was put it in his mouth and suck.... but.... no... he proceeded to turn it around and try to suck out of the bottom of it ....... I laughed so hard ..
So anyway - I shot up and Nathan was standing there..... He might have had a bad dream or something - so he wanted to curl up on the oversized-overstuffed chair in our room .... so, got his bedding and settled him down. Shortly after that..... Kaedyn came in and wedged himself inbetween Dennis and I ... and at this moment - I realized ..... I needed to use the bathroom ... bad. My bladder was singing and I was trying to ignore it cuz if I got up, I'd never be able to get back in - Kaedyn would take over my side of the bed. Well, then Calahan came in and said the tv, internet and phone all went down again (it was 1am) .... I said it would probably be back on in a few minutes - it's been doing that lot lately - I guess our wiring is bad in the building. Well, they told us to move our modem and stuff into the bedroom where the better wired outlet was. So we did - it's still doing it - occasionally. By this time, my eyeballs are floating - so I had to get up. I asked Calahan to move Kaedyn back to the loveseat .... and in doing so, Kaedyn ended up waking up.
(@@) <~~ major eye roll here
So I ended up going out into the living room and sitting with Kaedyn - saying I'd stay out there with him until he went back to sleep. 2am rolls around and I tell Noah he better get his bolonga head off my computer and get some sleep. So he throws a fit about wanting to be on the long couch and we have a big old argument with a tired momma and a tired gremlin .... finally he settles and he's asleep after while. 3:30 rolls around and Nathan comes out .... I am thinking - are you serious? I'm never going to sleep! So I have Nathan curled up on my lap and Kaedyn curled into my side, and I'm rubbing Kaedyn's back and Nathan's head and watching a SWAT show because I refuse to watch cartoons .... and eventually - Nathan decides my show stinks and decides to go back to his room - so I turned on cartoons for him in his room. Kaedyn decided to follow. So until they went back to sleep - I was up. So I got on my computer - where they could see me clearly from their bed, and started to play on Facebook.
15 minutes later, Kaedyn comes out and tells me I'm not allowed to play on Facebook.
Really kid?
So I get off and then curl with him on the couch again .... finally he went to sleep - and Nathan was asleep ... so I finally closed my eye - too tired and too comfortable at this point to get back in my bed, And I slept for the next 2-3 hours on the couch with my son. Noah ended up sleeping until about 10 when I finally got him up to get dressed to go to Nana's ... and Kaedyn slept that late too. I don't remember what time Nathan got up though.
So once we were all up - we all got ready to go to my Mom & Step-Dad's house for our Thanksgiving feast.
We had Turkey, Stuffing, Gravy, Rolls (didn't get a photo of them), Squash, Greenbeans, Potatoes.... it was all good :)
Our Turkey
Squash, Stuffing & gravy
Turkey cut up
Potatoes, Greenbeans and the dark meat Turkey
I took photos of the boys .....
Noah looks like a sour puss pretending to smile, cuz he was....
The kids went through the ad's with us and picked out all the stuff they want.........
Nate was so cool, he needed a light... just to make sure he saw everything....
We put up my Mom's tree... and the ornaments ...
This last ornament, it's something I painted and we sent Nana when Calahan was 2 ....
Before we left - we went to take our family photo - and my camera died. DIED ..... my mom didn't have any batteries ... so she took one with her cell phone. I love the photo - but I don't like the quality at all :/
Anyway we took the leftovers and the family home and then Mom and I went through the Walmart and Target ad's for last night ..... got some stuff on a list and headed out.
Walmart had it set up so you couldn't get any of the sale items until 8pm. So they had the pallet in the middle of the main isles - covered (mostly) in cardboard and plastic....
So we were waiting - waiting by the pallet of X-Box 360 games - wanting to specifically grab the Lego Batman 2 game for Noah ...there were other deals - like.... movies for $2 ... Brave Blu-ray for $8 ... PJ's for $4.50 ... and a few other things.... but it got crazy .... when we got there it wasn't - but when 8 o'clock rolled around.....
It was nuts. Then we completely missed out on the DVDs because the line was the length of the store... and people were coming out with huge piles of them.... So yeah. When it was all said and done, we didn't go to Target. We were just too traumatized. LOLOL...
And when I got home - I got on facebook for a few .... talked to my hubby for awhile, and after I finish this - I'm going to pass out!!
I will not be setting foot outside my place tomorrow!
























No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!