Thursday, March 21, 2013

Haircuts!!


So today we did some haircuts.  All four boys got haircuts ...  much ... needed ... cuts!

Nathan jumped right into the chair.  You'd expect him to react since he's got Autism and Sensory Processing Disorder - but he jumps right on up!

Before & After...


Kaedyn on the other hand.... he cannot stand change.  You get him new shoes, he rejects and screams and refuses to wear them - but once you get him to wear them one day - he's fine.  If you even mention haircut he'll start stressing and being angry and crying and carrying on ...  You can mention it prior in hopes that it'll help prepare him, but no ... not at all.

Well today ....  my mom reminded me of it, and I just said - okay - we're going to just get it done.  So we did Nathan first, and Kaedyn fretted the whole time -even though my intention with Nathan going first was to show him it didn't hurt, it wasn't scary....  but... didn't work that way.  I got him in the chair and he's screaming and crying and I take the clippers and I let him feel the vibration and that didn't help either.... so I got him situated and I made the first run with the clippers - and Cal shouts "His nose is bleeding!" Then he tells me I have to stop.  After he's all situated with paper towel to his nose, I keep going.  I can't stop - he's just going to stress more!  And it may get to the point where he's fighting so hard I can't cut it.  So they are holding the paper towel and I just keep cutting.  We get it done, and it doesn't look bad at all.  And funny enough - his nose stops bleeding the second I'm done cutting.  Stress nose bleed anyone?

Calahan and Noah got their hair cuts too.... but I didn't get real good before pictures.  So here are a couple pics of all four kids :)  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!