Sunday, April 26, 2009

My DEMANDING Little Imp...

Yes!!!! He lives!! He is no longer passed out on his bedroom floor with me constantly checking on him just to make sure he's - at least - still breathing and getting worried lines as I scrunch up my brow over the temperature of his pale skin.

3am.... I hear "MOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMY!"

So I reluctantly get up. See, I had already gotten up several times with him. Apparently, him sleeping from 3 in the afternoon meant he was going to be up all night. I managed to stumble my way down the hall to his room. "What?" I mutter... my mouth tastes horrible. Ewww.. I would brush them right now, just to make them minty, but I don't have the energy.

But I blink in the darkness, I don't see him. So I flip on the bathroom light, cuz it casts just enough light in his room to see without blinding the poor kid. And I look blankly around. He's not there... huh? I know I just heard him. So I look in the bathroom, nope, not there either. I look back in his room, he has to be there... no on his bed, top or bottom bunk... not on the floor... did he crawl into his toys in the closet? He's done it before.

"Noah," I managed to slur in my sleep deprivedness ... (is that a word?) "Where are you?"

"In the living room, MOM," he hear him reply, holding back a giggle. He has a full view of me looking unsecessfully in his room. And he had no urge to save me. Gee thanks... I nurse you back to health, at your beck and call, getting very little sleep, and you sit back and watch me gape into your room searching? Thanks...

"Mom," he says as I stumble into the room. "I can't fix this" ... he turns his attention to the TV, currently showing the blue screen of death.

So I get it working, and there is nothing on that he can watch. Infomercials and Family Guy... ah.. I don't think so. So I hit the DVR button, I know we have Snow Dogs on here cuz I haven't transfered it to tape yet, so I go to start it playing, and the TV takes over... to refresh the box, which can take 10 mintues. "WHAT" I bellow...shocked, dismayed and about to cry! Then a light bulb goes off. So I go over to the VHS tapes, thinking YES!! Six hours of piece and quite, sleep blissful sleep and I pull one out, I'll just throw in the first one I grab.

I look at it... "Beautiful Girl, Romy & Michele's Highschool Reunion, Summer Catch..." I blink a few times. Okay maybe the second one.... grab tape #2... "So I Married an Axe Murderer, Speed 2: Cruise Control, Love Potion #9...." ... um...

And then it dawns on me...

I'm on the wrong shelf.

So I remember where the correct shelf is in my sleeping stupper... and go to it. Grab the first tape.... "First Kid, Jungle 2 Jungle, Blank Check..." ... he's never seen this tape, but he's old enough to like these now, works for me!!

"But I don't want to watch that?" He complains.

"Too bad, you'll like them, you've never seen them."

I put it in, hit rewind cuz I noticed it was in the middle of the tape... I go to lay down on the couch as it does cuz I simply cannot stand another moment. Noah starts counting and saying that he has voices in his head.... he can hear them....

and I'm thinking.... and it's telling you what to do isn't it? ....

The tape stops... I manage to push myself into the upright position, again, and go push play.

"Mom!" he yells. "I don't want to watch this."

I ignore him and just fast forward through the beginning stuff. To the beginning of the movie. I look at him, he's watching .. so I stumble back to bed.

20 minutes later.... Kaedyn is fussing...

I stumble up again, and then give him his paci, turn on his waterfall... stumble to the wall and look... "what do you think Noah?" ....

..... silence, other then the movie ....

Apparently it's a hit!

Yay! SLEEP!!

I go to bed, tell Dennis he's getting up the rest of the night, I'm done. And I pass out.

I get up this morning, and Noah immediately starts "Mom, I'm hungry" "Mom can I have grapes?" "Mom I want milk, can I have milk?" "MOM NATHAN IS BUGGING ME" "shhhh Nathan, you are making me angry I want you to be quite" ...

Yep, he's feeling better all right!

3 comments:

  1. sleep depravity ;)
    nice new pic of Jessa in your header!
    xoxo melzie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some precious babies! I'm glad your son is feeling better. I just HATE it when they are so sick. Even more when your sleep suffers! I'm a mama that cannot LIVE without the right amount of sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to hear that he is alright, its no fun when they are sick.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!