
The kids are home the kids are home... the buses have come and the kids are home... oh wait, mine have been home all day. Well, with exception of Nathan... who has war wounds from his DRs appointment. (He is sitting in a basket of clean clothes watching Blues Clues ... see his owie on his arm?? I will update my other blog later and you can see what he had to carry around with him all morning - poor kid!) ...
Might I say - I was soooooo right!?!? It is currently 88 degrees... OMG it's HOT... yes I said HOT. For all you people who think that's cold, you are nuts. Or I'm nuts. I live in Wisconsin... where the cows freeze ... what do you expect? Time to break out the AC's!!
So Noah is feeling better but he's sleeping again. He has been laying around on his bedroom floor on a ton of blankets a lot today - some
times without having his TV on.. just ... laying there... in misery. He'd yell for me, and then think about it for a little bit while I stood there... trying - hard - to come up with SOMETHING... anything ... to keep me there. "Can you scratch my foot?" he would whimper. Ahhhh, Noah, you are 7, you can scratch your own foot, hate to say it... and then, he'd go "can I have some grapes?" We started out with crackers of course, with the promise that he'd get grapes if he didn't throw up again. So ... he got his grapes. Whew! He has been too weak to even get up on his own today, and..... oh man, I spoke to soon, he just got sick again. No more grapes for him! :( ... anyway he has been complaining of how weak he is and says both his ears hurt but he isn't running any sort of fever that I can tell. :: sigh :: Guess I better check and make sure huh? ... Well apparently I am having a bad mommy moment!! But to my defense, even Dennis said he didn't feel warm at all. His temp is 100.5... not a huge temp, but one non-the-less.
So after Dennis and Nathan got home, I cuddled with Nathan, and wouldn't you know... he HEAD BUTTED ME and gave me a FAT LIP! Wasn't that nice of him? He does this a lot, and it's something I'm concerned about. He head butted Dennis tonight too (he throws his head backwards) and knocked the glasses right off his head. The Autism clinic called yesterday and after asking me a bunch of questions, they decided to go ahead and evaluate him. Apparently it's going to be an all day thing... going to see a Speech and Occupational Therapist in the morning along with a Ped and then those three will confer, and we'll all come together after lunch, and find out what they think. Everyone says "I don't think he'll have it" and I hope everyone is right, but my gut says he's got some form. He is fine with people he knows touching him, but anyone else it's a major issue. Who'da'thunk a little boy like him could give Momma a fat lip!?!? He may be small but he PACKS SOME POWER!! It's not the first time either...

Anyway... Mr. Kaedyn has just been keeping me in giggles today.. he is - I swear - the best baby!! And if you read my blog a couple days ago, you'll find out that was NOT always the case, but OMGosh he lights up your day. You say his name and he breaks out with this HUGE open mouth grin. I mean who can be upset when you see that?? Here he is today ... just hanging out with Mom playing on the floor. We're working on sitting - cuz I hate to say, he's still not doing it steady... yet.... but hopefully soon! He is however rolling all over the place now and getting around the room, just to get into a little bit of trouble... (his shirt says LADIES MAN incase anyone is wondering) ...
Ohhhhhhhhh here is a shout out to my friend Melzie-wellzie-puddin-pie who made the BEAUTIFUL quilt he's laying on!!! She just found out she's expecting # 4!! 
Oh my there is a siren going off, I don't think we have any severe weather coming... (checking our local station) ... oh now the revolt that I turned off Backyardigans off! HA HA... oh my - look at that, yep - we're under a severe thunderstorm warning O si guess I better close this out and go keep an eye on that. We don't watch a lot of regular TV - that's an other thing about Nathan ... he has his routine and he loves Blues Clues and Backyardigans. We may not always be watching it while we play, but it's on... and we take time out to sing the songs. Nathan can sing the mail song and all sorts of songs - it's so fun to watch him, I'll have to tape him one day (maybe tomorrow) .. because you can't understand him but you totally know he's singing it. Okay - closing this out now to keep an eye on the storm!...
Here's hoping everyone gets (and stays) healthy. Stomach bugs are the worst.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the autism evaluation!