Sunday, April 26, 2009

Why YES Chef Gordon Ramsay ....

If you didn't know ... (raises eyebrow) ... my husband is studying to become a fine dining chef. We watch Hells Kitchen, Top Chef, and various other cooking shows like that (Iron Chef being another) .. mainly because I have a thing for Gordon, Tom, and Michael! Well, Dennis likes Mario of course cuz A: he's Italian like Dennis and B: he has cool orange crocs that Dennis wants. But that's beside the point...

Earlier ... Dennis was spouting off at the mouth some "how could you not know that" type whatever and I was only half listening, I was waiting for him to call me a DONKEY but it didn't happen, so I said "Yes Chef Ramsay" ... and he says, "I'm not Chef Ramsay," I thought he was done there, but then he goes on and says "but I wouldn't mind taking his money, his restaurants, or his reputation...." ... I bust out laughing so hard...

It's no wonder I'm fat. No really, it is. I got separated from my first husband, I lost so much weight, I was looking and feeling good, and then I met Dennis. Dennis who's .... well.... favorite late night after a good work out (wink) food was egg sandwiches. I gained 10 lbs in 2 weeks ... all because of him. Course that stopped when he moved up to my house in Wisconsin - land of cheese curds and more cheese curds ... and apparently high cholesterol for him! LOL... His body went into shock, I swear. So ... 2 pregnancies later, I manage to gain back everything I lost. This doesn't sit well with me, btw. He cooks these AWESOME meals almost every night.

Tonight ... Chef Ramsay made Steak, Broccoli & Falafels ... Funny story about the Falafels... Dennis came home from school one day and said "guess what we get to make in school tomorrow!?" Then he proudly announced "Falafels!!"

I had to laugh, and the first thing out of my mouth was "Periwinkal would be SO PROUD." He bust out laughing. He said when his teacher asked if anyone knew how to make Falafel, he raised his hand and said "Well Periwinkal says that it's fried chickpeas and lots of vegtables" which got laughs from a few more studants, to which he said "ah, you must have kids!" LOL...

We have a Blues Clues episode on our DVR right now called "Neighborhood Festival" ... several of them bring different things and half way through the episode Joe finds Periwinkal and Duck at a table with a "snack" where he explains what Falafels are and then they try it and say "emmmmm good!" ...

So he got stuff the other day to make them, and decided to do so tonight.

Today was ... overall a long day. I didn't get out of my PJ's really, and I didn't bother getting the babies dressed. Noah is feeling better - for sure - but he's still sick and weak and just generally run down. I've been trying to catch up on Nathan's Daily Diary ... and just playing with the babies / spending time with the family. Tomorrow starts the two weeks where I have to take Calahan to and from school. Joy. Thing I look forward to the most is waking up my house and piling everyone in the van, just cuz Cal got into trouble.

Anyway - Nathan ended up taking a very late nap (finally crashed around 4, even though we tried to lay him down for a nap at 2) ... and is still up. He'll be up for awhile I'm sure - oh crap I just remembered Dennis didn't give him his meds! Noah didn't get his second dose either because he fell asleep on the floor - so if he wakes up before I go to bed, I'll give it to him. Noah is still very warn out and still sick but not vomiting and the fever has settled down too. The last time I had to give him the anti-nausea meds was this morning, and only cuz he said his tummy hurt and he was feeling like he might throw up again. Anyway - he'll most likely be staying home from school tomorrow, and Tuesday we'll have to play by ear, but he has an appt with his Kidney DR... so ... we'll see. He's been out of school a lot this year again. Poor kid has a crappy immune system like me. Only lately it seems like mine has gotten better. I don't catch *everything* now, but close to it. LOL. Noah though, he gets hit, and he gets hit hard like me. It lasts a lot long then *normal* and it sucks cuz the kid is 7 years old and less the 40lbs. :( He has been so tired - he wasn't sleeping most the day today, but he has been lounging again a lot. And he did fall asleep around 5pm tonight on the living room floor and has been out since.

Does anyone else have kids who tag furniture with their cups??? I swear it's almost like a dog or other animal pissing on something to mark it's territory!! Nathan tags the couch, the chair, heck even the floor with his cup. He flips it upside down and bends the soft spout to squirt liquid out. Oh I hear you ... Just change him to hard cups .... it's not that easy with him. With his cleft palate issue it's harder for him to "suck" so the soft tops, he really only has to bite - or squeeze the sippy part open. With a hard top he has to suck. We've tried to switch him - because of the tagging issue - so many times.... but he just can't seem to do it. So we always end up going back to the soft ones. It's not as easy, with him, to just say "tough, you'll have to deal with it" because of his major weight issue. If he loses ANY weight, it's a MAJOR issue :( We have been trying to keep him ahead of G-tube talks and various other things for over a year now. Sure it's been brought up, but then we hit the wait and see, and then he does good for a bit. Well now, he's just pretty much tappered off again. Depending what all these other tests show and if he starts HGH in the fall... I guess we'll just take it from there.

I'm getting tired, and of course Nathan is still awake. He's getting to the point where he's whining so I better go cuddle with him.

Until tomorrow..

OMG I just noticed all the horrible spelling errors!!! I'm so much better then that ... and I am cringing. But I'm leaving them cuz I'm too tired to deal with it... and Nathan's waiting. Oh well ... Please look over the terrible spelling. Blame it on the lack of sleep the last few days, the fact that I had a 2 year old up and down on my lap the whole time I was writing it... and and and... :::sigh::: ... btw - the last picture is a run away picture of me. I thought it was halarious cuz it shows my bad hair day - I just threw it up .. ha ha ha ha...

2 comments:

  1. I would love it my DH could cook. Well, he can, but if enjoyed it, wow! I can't imagine having a chef for a husband, that must be a beautiful, beautiful thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks like some good food. And I hope that you get more sleep soon.

    ReplyDelete

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!