I sat there in shock. Thor - we all loved. He was Kale and Shila's cat more so though. The bond there was unbelievable, especially with Kale. I would want someone to wake me up and tell me right away, but I knew that Kale had probably just fallen asleep.
So I went back to sleep. When I woke up I messaged both Kale and Shila to please come to see me - they weren't in trouble, but I needed them to come talk to me because it was important.
Shila got up and messaged me, saying that she'd come talk to me, but Kale was still asleep. She was just going to change Elly quick.
I debated on waiting to tell them both once Kale was up, but I know I would have been mad if my beloved animal died and someone had waited to tell me - so she was on the bed, and I gave her the other bad news first. (About Kale's Grandpa) ... then I told her... I had other bad news, and it was even worse.... I had taken the baby and was feeding her, and Shila was laying down at the end of my bed....
"Thor got hit by a car" I said.
She jumped up and screamed "NOOOOOOOO!" and jumped across the room.
"He died," I managed to get out before she ran into her room with Kale, screaming, and yelled at him in utter horror and disbelief, "Thor is DEAD!" and I could hear her grief through the house, DB ended up taking them out of the house. And I sat crying on the bed feeding the baby....
It was a really hard day.
DB had gotten up early, and was working on his school work in the dining room, he saw someone stop in the road about 5:30am... and move something to the side of the road. He went out to investigate after they had left, and found Thor, dead. He came and told me. He moved Thor from the ditch to our car port, so we could bury him after Kale and Shila saw him.
DB says that the car that stopped was CLEARLY not the car that had hit him.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!