Saturday, December 2, 2017

Christmas Miracles



"What do I need to happen this month?"

I need to find, win, or be given 30 million dollars..... 

I'm just kidding...    no I'm not. 

Okay, but seriously ... I need a Christmas Miracle to happen ...   We're so strapped for money this month, we have nothing left to get gifts.  Not even stocking stuffers.  Like nothing. 

Like this is every year.  LITERALLY every year.  I get hopeful THIS WILL BE THE YEAR we can get gifts!  This is going to be the year we're not struggling! 

This is NOT that year. 

DB Is hopefully in his last year of school.   I have hope next year will be THE year.  But who knows. 

I was hoping this year would be the year, but ::: shakes head :::  there is no way.  We couldn't even pay all our bills this month...  we have no idea how we're going to get food this month...  it's all great fun thoughts. 

We'll manage, we always do, but it really does suck. 

It'll work out.  Even if I have to give the kids IOUs... 

But seriously ...  I love Christmas, absolutely love Christmas and the spirit of Christmas.  I'm not talking the selfish materialistic asshats of Christmas,...  not talking about the Scrooges of Christmas who buy up ALL of the must have gifts of the year and charge a million dollars for it, not talking about the doorstop box stealing crews... 

I am talking the joy, the utter happiness and excitement it brings... bring family together and loving every minute of it.  Laughter... lights and sparkles and putting other people's happiness before your own. 

THAT is what Christmas is for me...

I just wish it weren't so stressful too.  And SNOW...  I don't miss winter in Wisconsin.  I don't miss the cleaning of the snow, the shoveling and hassle it creates.  I CERTAINLY do not miss the bitter cold.  The only thing I miss about Wisconsin winters is the white Christmas and the snow falling.  I love watching the snow fall.  The rest of it I can one hundred live without ....  lol ...




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!