Sunday, January 21, 2018

It's been a long week....



That is an actual picture of me.....  the cat.... with this week ... the dog...

So ....... last Sunday (or was it Saturday?) .. Kaedyn started running a fever.  He was HOT.  His main complains were headaches and hit throat hurt a lot. 

Fever continued, we managed it always keep it at bay and manage his pain until we could get him into the doctor on Wednesday.   Sure enough, what I thought ...  strep throat.  He tested positive on the rapid test. 

Worry turns to Nathan.  Sickness can turn on him so quickly. I told Kaedyn, on our way home, not to lick Nathan and don't let Nathan lick him. 

Note: Nathan has a fun life skill of licking everything he shouldn't.  It's a sensory thing attached to his Autism.  It's gotten better. 

Fast forward to us getting home, I'm walking in the hall and from their room I hear "Nathan, you ca't lick me, and I can't lick you. Okay?" 

::: smh :::

Two minutes later I hear .... "Nathan STOP LICKING ME!"

::: head meet desk :::

Super early Friday at about 4 AM Nathan comes in our room and he wakes me up crying.  Why?  He has a really bad headache and his throat hurts really bad.

::: fuck my life ::::

We got him in to the DR on Friday, thankfully .... so they are both on antibiotics.  Luckily no one else has gotten it .... (YET?) ...  but this whole week was Tylenol, Ibuprofen, taking temperatures, checking heart rates (pulse ox) ... cold wash clothes, puke buckets, lack of eating, them sleeping in my bed - on my side of the bed, leaving me no where to sleep - so I stay awake as long as I can to watch over them.... etc and so on...

It has been a week. 

Luckily, they both seem to be on the up swing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!