Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Welcoming in 2018 ....




Let's review our GOALS from last year (2017) ....  and then make some for 2018.

The hopes for 2017!

#1: Keep the streak going of keeping Nathan non-admitted!  SUCCESS!!! 

#2: I want DB and I to really make more time for him and I.  A monthly date.  Really need it.  Half success?  We've been making more time for us, but with his busy school schedule and our lack of funds, I think we got out just a couple times this year but that's more than we normally get out.  

#3: I want read at least 26 books this year.  That's two a month.  I don't get a lot of time to read, and I've been making it more of a point to really get back into reading. NOT EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE. Just ... I don't even want to talk about it. 

#4: Polish the book that was finished, and figure out what I want to do with it.  Ummmm...  :::looking around innocently while whistling:::  NEXT ... 

#5: Be part of the #365Project of sharing at least one photo a day.  I'm doing it on Facebook and Instagram (and Twitter because Instagram posts to my Twitter.)  I think I'll add it to my Google+ too. (I'll have to catch up there though) .... THIS WAS A HUGE SUCCESS FAILURE!!  ::: hangs head in shame::: 

#6: I REALLY want to write at least one blog a day. I know I have said this the past couple of years, and I fully intend to, but then life runs away and ... ugh.  I stop.  But blogging is literally my main form of therapy.  I have to purge my feelings.  My blog isn't a "working" blog.  It's not about making money, it's JUST about sharing my life and being able to look back on my blog for the memories.  If you happen to follow along, great! OMG THIS IS GETTING DEPRESSING!!!!!! 

#7: I have noticed that I have been losing friends.  Which sucks.  Do I know why?  No.  I mean, I thought I would make some friends and then I find out that they have removed me on Facebook and it kinda stinks. I really need more friends.  I do have a lot of close friends.  But I'm a greedy bitch and I want more.  I need more of that "talk daily: type of friendships.  Some of my closest friends, I'm not talking to daily, and I think I'm gonna have to try to change that.  So watch out girls! I'm coming for you (if we don't already talk daily).  But I really do need some closer friends.  I have some intense close friendships.  Long term ones.  Of course DB is up there at the top.  C I have known since - crap, a long time.  JR High?  We're super close, both single mother kids.  I've been there since day one of her relationship with her husband.  She's got all boys too, all my nephews.  <3 them all.  L I have been friends with since... Cal was 3.  We were on the committee together for preschool stuff.  She needed a ride home that night and I was like get in.  We've sometimes had a love/hate relationship, but I love her to death, and I have a nephew and two nieces with her.  SeattleS (there are two with the same name) - our relationship is always amazing.  She's super intellectual and I love our conversations sometimes, well I love them all the time, but she's special.  I met her in highschool when I shoved a short story at her that I wrote and told her to read it.  I just bully myself into peoples lives.  Mi I have been friends with since Cal was 3. Her daughter and Cal were in preschool together and we became fast friends. I remember seeing Mi at the clinic I went to at the time, she had come in with her newborn baby (her daughter) and I was overly pregnant with Cal, I remember looking at her and thinking, I need to be friends with her.  Which is funny because - 3 years later - we were!  She has a rough relationship, and I've been with her through a lot.  Sometimes I think she's a bit crazy, but I do love her for it.  But I do distinctly remember that day at the clinic.  Ummm... let's see.  D, Me & J.  Well, Me is my little Hippie.  D is my paranormal buddy. and J is amazing.  (they all are.)  Me and I both have all boys.  D is such a hard worker, she pushes through so much, and carries a lot around on her shoulder.  J and I had an instant bond, she didn't know it at first, but after I kept poking at her, she realized it too.  We all were pregnant together in 2002 and the four of us have always just stuck together. J and I have this crazy amazing bond though.  We've been through a lot of stuff, our lives are full of these distinct parallels of going through the same things at the same time. And the other S and I met in the NICU.  She was married to someone I had gone to Jr. High & Highschool with.  But we were put right next to each other in the NICU - we both had lifer preemies.  Ones who were spending more than a week in the NICU.  Both her boy and mine were under 2 lbs when they were born.  So yeah.  We became crazy fast friends.  We would scrapbook and hang out while our babies were in the NICU.  We literally pretty much had only each other to lean on because we were two hours from home and our families had to have more of a normal life while we stayed with our babies.  We recently reconnected after a whirlwind drama filled time that kinda revolved around my ex husband, a bunch of lies, and a bunch of other things.  I am glad we reconnected.   Was this a goal?  Um...  ::looks left, looks right:::  No one has any input on this?  Okay ...  next... 

Wow that was some tangent.  Anyway - I need more close friends.  There are others I consider close, ones I'd like to be closer with, and there are ones that I have considered best friends with at some point  in the past, that I can't say that about anymore.  Which sucks.  Oh there it is ...  yes I think I have managed to make a few new friends....  maybe...  you know I'm not really sure...  

#8: Need to get some of my health issues more under control, maybe if I do that - I'll feel a lot better over all.  HEY HEY this I can say that I am feeling better.  I mean not right now at this second, but I am .... in a general sense.... feeling better.  

#9: Lose weight.  I was under 200lbs and now I'm over again, I hate it.  Thank you insulin!  I want to lose it again.  BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA (GASP) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAAHAHHAHA

#10: We need to do family game night and family movie night more often.  We've fallen out of practice.  I would like to see us doing both once a week, but I'd settle for one or the other each week.  We did do better .... but  not so much improvement that I wanted.  

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I guess the goals can remain the same? 

::sigh:: 



#1: Keep the streak going of keeping Nathan non-admitted! We are 2 1/2 years out from him being in the hospital for any kind of hospital stay, this includes for surgery.  Which is AMAZING.  We're going to keep this up and keep this kid healthy! 

#2: I want DB and I to really make more time for him and I.  A monthly date.  Really need it.  It would be amazing if we could really make this happen.  I'm going to start keeping track of it and trying to set one day a month aside for just him and I...  

#3: I want read at least 12 books this year.  That's one a month.  I don't get a lot of time to read, and I've been making it more of a point to really get back into reading. I set this up for two a month plus two last year and I think I read 3 books total all year.  You'd think I would have easily made this happen.  Oye. 

#4: Polish the book that was finished, and figure out what I want to do with it.  Still need to do this...  NEED to make this happen.  

#5: Be part of the #365Project of sharing at least one photo a day.  I'm doing it on Facebook and Instagram (and Twitter because Instagram posts to my Twitter.)  I think I'll add it to my Google+ too. (I'll have to catch up there though) .... I still want to do this.  I really do, just one year I want to do this.  

#6: I REALLY want to write at least one blog a day. I know I have said this the past couple of years, and I fully intend to, but then life runs away and ... ugh.  I stop.  But blogging is literally my main form of therapy.  I have to purge my feelings.  My blog isn't a "working" blog.  It's not about making money, it's JUST about sharing my life and being able to look back on my blog for the memories.  If you happen to follow along, great!  I know this is probably unrealistic ... especially after coming off of such a bad year of blogging.  So..... I am going to call this a success if I can blog 15 days a month.  That would be a starting point.  

#7:Make new friends. 

#8: Need to get some of my health issues more under control, maybe if I do that - I'll feel a lot better over all and I want to continue this! 

#9: Lose weight.  I was under 200lbs and now I'm over again, I hate it.  Thank you insulin!  I want to lose it again.  I still want to lose weight - so I'm hoping we can do a YMCA membership, this would be good for everyone. 

#10: We need to do family game night and family movie night more often.  We've fallen out of practice.  I would like to see us doing both once a week, but I'd settle for one or the other each week.  

I am going to come back and add some more.  I hope that this year is going to be a year of accomplishments.  💓






No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!