Friday, January 5, 2018
Happy Birthday Calahan!!
22 years ago I was given the best gift of my life. I was handed a new, innocent, helpless little life to love and adore and raise. He was 8lbs 7oz of screaming perfection. I remember how I thought he had the longest fingers, and the most amazing big inquisitive eyes taking every little thing in. I might have wanted a girl but there was just love. I was instantly and utterly in love with this tiny wiggly boy who looked at me and I was his whole world. His whole world! I am very proud of the man he's become. I'm proud of the way he treats women, and although he still has a lot to learn and do in his life, Dennis and I are proud of the young man he has become. He is respectful, kind, polite, compassionate, and amusing. I was 18 years old when I got pregnant, and 19 when I had him... and as much as I was his whole world ... he was my whole world too. I love you Calahan Joseph ... thank you for making me a Mom.
No sooner did the clock strike midnight, and I posted that.... when Cal and I got in one of those really bad parent/child fights....
It was not the note that I wanted to start his birthday on....
And I literally went to my room, with him being mad in his, and I wanted to cry. Sometimes, you just have to take a stand as a parent and you have to stick to it... he shocked, he hurt me, and I hurt him... probably shocked him too. And for once, I didn't take an apology right away. Didn't talk about it, didn't make it better before bed, just didn't... and that sucked, HIGHLY sucked.
But by morning, things were better, apologizes were made and accepted, explanations were given, and laughter was had.
But it was rough...
22 Years of this kid....
He wanted Garlic Chicken for dinner, so that's what we had.
We tried making a Mt. Dew cake for him... it was really good, but it fell apart. LOL ... so Shila ended up making him some brownies ....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment Love is better than....... Chocolate!